Xeccon lights, anyone have "real world" experience with 5000R?

boink

Hi.

I don't have that light but I recently purchased the Spear 900 for my commute. I am very pleasantly surprised with it. Very good build quality, light is nice and bright and it looks and feels like a quality product. I would highly recommend Xeccon lights based on my recent and current experience. Hope this helps, kind regards.

PS. These two reviews were helpful when I was trying to choose Xeccon for the first time:

https://road.cc/content/review/230160-xeccon-spear-900-front-light

https://www.sevendaycyclist.com/xeccon-spear-900-front-light

Both mention that the mounting bracket could be improved but honestly I don't have a problem with it at all!

Edited by GaryP

36One is on provincial roads.

You can do it with a 30lumen headlamp.

and i know people will say that 5000 lumens is what you need. But you don't need to start a fire, but you do need to last the night. 

I've had an Extreme Lights front light for six years now.  I wish that it would die because I want to get the endurance one for a better light spread.  But the damn thing just keeps on working without hesitation or issue of any kind. 

I also bought a head torch from them which did give an issue, and they swapped it out no questions asked, and the new one has been faultless ever since. 

Really can't go wrong with Exteme Lights. 

Hi.

I don't have that light but I recently purchased the Spear 900 for my commute. I am very pleasantly surprised with it. Very good build quality, light is nice and bright and it looks and feels like a quality product. I would highly recommend Xeccon lights based on my recent and current experience. Hope this helps, kind regards.

PS. These two reviews were helpful when I was trying to choose Xeccon for the first time:

https://road.cc/content/review/230160-xeccon-spear-900-front-light

https://www.sevendaycyclist.com/xeccon-spear-900-front-light

Both mention that the mounting bracket could be improved but honestly I don't have a problem with it at all!

I've ahd a Seapr 900 for a while. The light itself is great...bright enough, good battery life etc. The mount sucks. A little too pendular and road vibrations have broken two. The slide way on the light, where the mount slides in, has also broken, so I'm currently holding mine on with elastic bands. Pity, as it's a great little light....

My suggestion...the first sign of any wobble in the light when on the mount, open the mount up and make sure the locating screw isn't loose...

Thanks for the feedback people.

I have a mate with the spear and it does seem to be a nice light especially for commuting though the mount issues are a concern.

And yes pretty much everyone I chat to says Extreme Lights are the way to go.

Now that I see Take a lot carry them, with a Mutliply discount on vouchers the Extreme Lights are looking like a good option!

I've ahd a Seapr 900 for a while. The light itself is great...bright enough, good battery life etc. The mount sucks. A little too pendular and road vibrations have broken two. The slide way on the light, where the mount slides in, has also broken, so I'm currently holding mine on with elastic bands. Pity, as it's a great little light....

My suggestion...the first sign of any wobble in the light when on the mount, open the mount up and make sure the locating screw isn't loose...

Thanks FB for that info and advice!