DMR Flat Pedals

WaynejG

I have a set of these that use the loose ball bearings (think they called cone and cup).

Anyway would this kit in the pic work. Royal pain in the butt to service the present setup.9218090396b6990eb3ffdcc01c0f3c51.jpg

• 4 months later...

I have a set of these that use the loose ball bearings (think they called cone and cup).

Anyway would this kit in the pic work. Royal pain in the butt to service the present setup.9218090396b6990eb3ffdcc01c0f3c51.jpg

Hi Wayne,

Marc here from Get Stoked Distribution. 

Did you get fixed up here through your LBS?

Are you running an older generation V8 or the current? These service kits are for the current gen only and unfortunately won't work on the old gen (5+ years old) 

Let us know if you are out of luck here and we can do our best with making a plan on a new set perhaps. 

You can can reach me on: 

marc@getstoked.co.za 

Great to hear Wayne! 

Hit us up when you feel the need to replace them and we will do a good deal on a new set for you.

Thank you for the continued support - we really appreciate it!

Happy riding 

• 1 year later...

guess ill use this thread. there are so many.

Need some advice on DMR v12's. (or similar)

they seem to be some of the better priced flats these days. at about R1100 ish. I had a set of Saint mx80 ones about 2 years ago that were lekker. They were R600 when i baught them new back in the day...these days you need a second bond on your house for the flavour of the day enduro bro pedals it seems. 

any insights or advice please. not spending 2,5k on a pair of flat pedals so don't even mention those lol.

EDIT: not to mention everything seems out of stock everywhere. so something circa R1k

Edited by morneS555

Not DMR, but I think Stoke had some nice Kore pedals in stock that may be worth a look.

the droo's stoke right? Black?

Hi Morne, see below, not a bad deal. I have V12's, super grippy, nice and wide, slight concave, so far so good.

https://bike-addict.co.za/collections/flat-pedals/products/dmr-v12-alloy-flat-pedal

i am seriously looking at them...but they seem to be out of stock everywhere. i'd even consider the v8. the price is right and they are proven.  As far as i know get stoked distribution are the local distro's and they dont have stock according to their website...so none of these dropship places will have either. i've asked a few stores now..lets see.

guess ill use this thread. there are so many.

Need some advice on DMR v12's. (or similar)

they seem to be some of the better priced flats these days. at about R1100 ish. I had a set of Saint mx80 ones about 2 years ago that were lekker. They were R600 when i baught them new back in the day...these days you need a second bond on your house for the flavour of the day enduro bro pedals it seems. 

any insights or advice please. not spending 2,5k on a pair of flat pedals so don't even mention those lol.

EDIT: not to mention everything seems out of stock everywhere. so something circa R1k

Have you looked at or considered nylon/composite pedals at all? Can't comment on stock availability as online 'in stock' can always be a gamble, but the OneUp pedals may be worth considering. Check out Trail Tech Cycles https://trailtechcycles.co.za/collections/pedals

I rate the OneUp pedals quite high.

If Trailtech is out of stock you can always phone Sprocket and Jack. I know they have stock and I’m sure they would be willing to ship them.

I rate the OneUp pedals quite high.

If Trailtech is out of stock you can always phone Sprocket and Jack. I know they have stock and I’m sure they would be willing to ship them.

Thanks. They do ship here...ive ordered some surly stuff through them before...getting hold of them in the first place is the issue  :blush: nice people though.

You can also try pinned.co.za   I got a set of DMR V8's from them, service was excellent, pedals were even better ;-)    Looks like they have stock on a few different versions

I bought the Shimano PD-GR500 flat pedals a while ago and so far I am quite happy with them. The only issue I did experience with them so far, was an annoying clicking sound when I pedaled. Eventually narrowed it down to the pedals - removed them, took out the pedal axle and cleaned everything properly. New grease and refitted the axles - no more noise coming from them.

Price around R1,200 for them

I bought the Shimano PD-GR500 flat pedals a while ago and so far I am quite happy with them. The only issue I did experience with them so far, was an annoying clicking sound when I pedaled. Eventually narrowed it down to the pedals - removed them, took out the pedal axle and cleaned everything properly. New grease and refitted the axles - no more noise coming from them.

Price around R1,200 for them

i agree those are great...they are an exact rebrand of the old shimano saint mx80's i used to have. 

EDIT: PS...take the washer out from under the pins if they still come like that on those. way more grip since the pin is then longer  ;)

post-64325-0-06809000-1601303721_thumb.jpg

post-64325-0-63461400-1601303736_thumb.png

Edited by morneS555