Buying a Stolen Bike

Beard

Smile... Been one of those days and was doing the post on my phone.... What I was trying to say...Don't buy stolen stuff, you are feeding criminals... and by buying stolen stuff, you are perpetuating crime. If no one bought stolen goods, it wouldn't be profitable to steal... (Hopefully that was better....)

He is literate! ;) Hahaha

I agree 100% with what you are saying.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If criminals were unable to sell thier stolen goods, they wouldnt steal. If u bought something that was stolen, u are supporting and agreeing that theft is ok...

So if they steal from you.... don't bitch... you been supporting their lifestyle...

I assume you aren't applying the bolded sentence on everyone right, just "those that feel guilty"? This makes it sound like you're saying everyone deserves it if they get mugged, which I'm sure isn't the case. I haven't bought any stolen goods and would be unjust getting mugged in this regard.

Like I said, I'm sure criminalising everyone wasn't your intention, but I agree with the general idea behind it that if people buy stolen goods, they fuel the crime system. 

I assume you aren't applying the bolded sentence on everyone right, just "those that feel guilty"? This makes it sound like you're saying everyone deserves it if they get mugged, which I'm sure isn't the case. I haven't bought any stolen goods and would be unjust getting mugged in this regard.

Like I said, I'm sure criminalising everyone wasn't your intention, but I agree with the general idea behind it that if people buy stolen goods, they fuel the crime system.

Why read that sentence in isolation?

See it in the context of the entire post (and the follow-up posts from Nelian).

Edited by Pulse

I'm of the opinion that many of these high-end bikes being stolen are not being sold in SA.

Too many red flags when high-end bikes are sold for crazy prices and are sold by somebody not matching a typical riders profile.

Most people riding these bikes are part of some online forum like this or social media group and most often people seeing these bikes advertised will highlight them on these platforms.

But that's just my opinion. I may be wrong

I actually think (sadly so) that a large number of these bikes are not stolen by the common criminal, but by people matching the typical rider profile that knows bikes well - well enough to change a few parts around (bars, stem, saddle, wheels) from their inventory of stolen bikes to be able to advertise here (maybe less on BikeHub and more on Facebook groups, Gumtree, OLX, etc) and sell without getting caught. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think so....

He is literate! ;) Hahaha

Only Sometimes... My wife still doesn't understand why I need another bike... :)

Only Sometimes... My wife still doesn't understand why I need another bike... :)

And I dont understand why my wife needs so many shoes, or jewelry. So we have a understanding to not try and understand each others needs.

Why read that sentence in isolation?

See it in the context of the entire post (and the follow-up posts from Nelian).

that's quite a wild statement to make for my response to the conclusion