Buying a Frame set

daniemare

You cant get canyon in SA yet from what i understand. Its direct consumer approach.

Hi Danie. I am also in the market for a new frame but there are so many nice frames to choose from. I am in love with the Canyon Ultimate CF SLX, just a pity if I go that route I need to pay additional taxes just to get it from that side to SA. Do you perhaps know of any place in SA who sell Canyon bikes?  I also had a look at Factor, but their prices are a bit steep. Specialized have good prices currently on their frames, just a pity I'm not yet up for disc brakes (Don't really know why) The tarmac and Roubaix(2019) are also nice frames.

One of the reasons why I am looking at a frame only option from Canyon is that complete bikes carry a 15% import duty and about $200 extra shipping. With frame only you skip the import duty as bike parts are duty free and only pay VAT and that in with the shipping saving buys me new wheels. I will buy the group-set from Starbike in Germany when they are on sale again.

You cant get canyon in SA yet from what i understand. Its direct consumer approach.

They have demo models in Stellies, but yes, when you order it’s direct

Thats one brand that realy doesnt get me going...

I felt the same but after a Domane 5.9 came @ a good deal I am not sorry.

You most certainly can but they ship it from Germany. I know this because I got a bike from them in July last year.

You most certainly can but they ship it from Germany. I know this because I got a bike from them in July last year.

yeah not doubting that...

what we mean is that you cannot buy from any local shop in SA. You have to order online, pay shipping / vat / duties.

Archived