Race to the Sun - Advendurance drops the ball, twice!

Acid

Did a final long training ride this weekend.

Rand Water near Rietvlei to the Vaal Marina with a 24km extension in Mpumalanga to make the ride longer. After 112.8km and 5:06 in the saddle on mostly gravel farm roads I can't say I'm looking forward to an extra 55km on top of that next weekend.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also did 120 km, but with 1500m elevation.......hopefully the longer distance with half the climbing should be better

Ja. First rides this weekend after 6 weeks of flu. I wonder if I'm even going to make the 100km mark. Eish. Very tempted to just bail... [emoji879]

Ja. First rides this weekend after 6 weeks of flu. I wonder if I'm even going to make the 100km mark. Eish. Very tempted to just bail... [emoji879]

Naah, just start. Only gets easier after first 100

I've written to the race organisers about the shuttles. Will post here when (if?) I get a reply.

I asked them to confirm whether the shuttle will still be running and whether there would be space to book a friend of mine on the shuttle. I didn't receive a direct answer to the first question but I did receive an answer to the latter, being told that there is still space available and that I can still book. From this I infer that it is clear that the shuttle will still be running. I hope that this helps.

Going to tackle this on a full rigid single speed MTB with a 32-15. 

Not sure if this is out of bravado or stupidity. Probably both!

You must have ticked off most cardinal sins to put yourself through that sort of self flagellation

Going to tackle this on a full rigid single speed MTB with a 32-15.

Not sure if this is out of bravado or stupidity. Probably both!

Just like a vegan