[Event] Eselfontein 3 - Day Festival

Eselfontein

Looking for a LADY partner, skill full in single track and has endurance for this 3 day event to challenge for poduim.

I offer a free entry.

If I dress up as a lady, dies that count?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for a great event! Proper riding and a very nice setup, we will be back.

Agreed!!

This was a proper event and value for money with all the other festivities around.

It is some serious riding you do in those 3 days.

I will have to remember to bring my climbing legs next time

I had a great time again this year!  Saw lots of crashes though, and many in really weird places.  Do most people avoid rocky riding in general?  

The guy who crashed into the river drop just before the second water point yesterday though - just thinking of his wrist making an S bend makes me feel naar   :unsure:   Heal up soon buddy.

What a great event. As my first stage race, this was extremely tough. Thank you to the organizers and everyone involved. 

I had 3 tough days in the saddle but managed to finish all 3 days. 

• Friday - broke my jockey with 5k's to go. They didn't have any spare 12x jockeys and I thought my race was over. 
  • Saturday - on a borrowed bike, started cramping from 25k's and "managed" to the finish
  • Sunday - again on the borrowed bike. Probably the most fun day until the chain broke. Managed to break it and installed a quicklink, but lost major time. 

Will definitely be back next year to improve my time.  :D

I had a great time again this year!  Saw lots of crashes though, and many in really weird places.  Do most people avoid rocky riding in general?  

The guy who crashed into the river drop just before the second water point yesterday though - just thinking of his wrist making an S bend makes me feel naar   :unsure:   Heal up soon buddy.

I saw him sitting there at the waterpoint when we got there.

He did not look to be in a good place and that wrist looked scary.

There were a LOT of crashes and people just bailing midway through a rocky section.

I feel for the youngsters who missed the 25km split and ended up on the 44km path on Saturday

Fantastic event, well done! Some tough technical riding and great singletrack, stage 1 at sunset was awesome. Camping facilities were good. Looking forward to cycling here again at Epic next year.