Hallo Guys,

Can someone please assist me with setting up ZWIFT.

I have a

*std (Old school) indoor trainer,

*a Garmin Forerunner 235,

*Samsung Android tablet (that support ANT+ but ZWIFTis not compatible) and

*a new Samsung Cellphone with Android 9 so ANT+ not connecting to ZWIFT. 

* Garmin GCS10 Speed and Cadence sensor on my bike

My Rouvy app is working fine with my Garmin GCS10 and Tablet...no problems (ANT+)

I know ZWIFT is not working because ANT+ is not compatible with Android 9 anymore. But is there no way that I can pair my Forerunner to the ZWIFT app. So far im only pairing a small Bluetooth cadence sensor but I cannot get the Forerunner to show in the ZWIFT pair page to pair HELP!!!

Theory: You can try to install the Zwift Companion APP on the ANDROID tablet and try to link the Speed and Cadence sensor through there? Both devices need to be on the same Wifi Network iirc.

I have heard that people with too many sensors for the Apple TV(which can only manage 2 connections) use the Zwift Companion App to add those extra sensors.

But I think a couple of other more robust solutions would be, in increasing cost:

-Buy an ANT+ Dongle. Run Zwift on a Laptop or PC that you have standing in the house (Graphic Card requirements might make some old laptops obsolete)

-Buy a Bluetooth Speed&Cadence sensor, run Zwift on your Samsung Cellphone. Sell the ANT+ Speed&Cadence sensor to offset the cost.

-Buy Wahoo Kicker4 + 55Inch TV + Gaming PC and eat like a beggar for the rest of the year but don't struggle with anything Zwift related ever again ;)

Switch to Sufferfest  :whistling:

;)

Think they are still way behind, an Android version isn't even on their future developments list.

Unfortunately Zwift on Android doesn't work with ANT+ yet - Rouvy on my tablet works fine with a USB ANT+ stick. I don't think the 235 can re-broadcast your heart rate via bluetooth, only ANT+.

There are two devices, as far as I know, that can connect to ANT+ devices and re-broadcast over bluetooth, one of which is the Viiiiva HR strap. But... then you could just as well just use the strap for HR.

If you don't want to use a chest HR strap, maybe its uncomfortable, then Wahoo have the Tickr Fit, which straps to your arm and broadcasts over bluetooth and ANT+. I think Polar have something similar available, no idea what it costs though.

Unfortunately Zwift on Android doesn't work with ANT+ yet - Rouvy on my tablet works fine with a USB ANT+ stick. I don't think the 235 can re-broadcast your heart rate via bluetooth, only ANT+.

There are two devices, as far as I know, that can connect to ANT+ devices and re-broadcast over bluetooth, one of which is the Viiiiva HR strap. But... then you could just as well just use the strap for HR.

If you don't want to use a chest HR strap, maybe its uncomfortable, then Wahoo have the Tickr Fit, which straps to your arm and broadcasts over bluetooth and ANT+. I think Polar have something similar available, no idea what it costs though.

The 4iiiii heart rate straps works like a charm to transmit all my ant + non Bluetooth cyclops (rouvey) data to Zwift on my old iPad