STM's new bike!

singletrackmind

Glad you are okay could have been very different.

Like you I also had a similar accident awhile back and things did not turn out so good for me.

Does he have insurance?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

stm, just saw, ouch bud, hope you're not too sore.  Some advice, take an anti-inflammatory tonight before bed ok.  Secondly, you won't be able to do jack about it.  I've tried, and only the Road Accident Fund guys are willing to "try as bicycle cases are not clear cut".  Even the cops told me that "everyone makes mistakes".  So take it easy for now, and recover!

yeah thanks ewep, I have 2 eye witnesses though, so might still have a chance, and yes he does have insurance(so glad) Im ok today and slept like a baby lastnight hey. Just really glad to be alive!! But im extremely bummed about my bike, I paid for it with my own money, im only 17 by the way so it was a big thing for me and was my OWN bike that I build and I paid for. Now all I have is 2 taco easton wheels and a stuffed frame... Not such a happy chappie, but my helmet saved my life, it broke on impact with the tar which its designed to do.

yeah thanks ewep' date=' I have 2 eye witnesses though, so might still have a chance, and yes he does have insurance(so glad) Im ok today and slept like a baby lastnight hey. Just really glad to be alive!! But im extremely bummed about my bike, I paid for it with my own money, im only 17 by the way so it was a big thing for me and was my OWN bike that I build and I paid for. Now all I have is 2 taco easton wheels and a stuffed frame... Not such a happy chappie, but my helmet saved my life, it broke on impact with the tar which its designed to do. [/quote']

ok so is he gonna pay for a new bike? smiley1.gif

sorry to hear smiley3.gif

This so sad to read about this so often now...as Wisecrack says you are lucky you came off so lightly.

Hope you are ok.

In was just admiring your bike when I started this thread and then wham out the blue! What bad luck -I hope you are okay. Make sure his insurance company pays for the replacement of the bike as you built it.

Hey STM how you doing? Hope you are not to full of ache's and pains anymore. But being young you should recover quite quickly.

Have you reported the incident to the police for the purposes of the claim you have against the vehicle owner. Have you submitted a claim to his Insurer yet. You must also go and do an afidavit at the saps that you are not submitting or have insurance of your own as they/his insurer will ask for an afidavit. If you need any help just pm me your number and I will call you back.

Cheers