Tyre Speed and weight rating

Gate closer

It sounds to me like a whole lot of people should be worrying about their brake systems rather more than their tyres! :-)

:eek:

It sounds to me like a whole lot of people should be worrying about their brake systems rather more than their tyres! :-)

why you must be a roadie???? brakes are only there to make you go slower and there's no reason for that ????

why you must be a roadie[emoji12] brakes are only there to make you go slower and there's no reason for that [emoji23]

You sound like Ettore Bugatti. His cars were renowned for their "not so great" brakes. When someone raised it with him, his response was "I build my cars to go, not stop".

I mean, why have brakes at all on a bicycle? What could possibly go wrong?

[emoji39][emoji1787]

Coming down the cable way, and down kloof nek, with mtb, we hit well over 90 and no braking down kloof until you near the traffic light!

I've hit just over 90km/h only once on bicycle. It was more a case of look far ahead, make sure you have plenty of time to move around anything that might even think about getting in your way and then just pray. Stopping was never an option.

Now days I'm way to bang-broek to do those kinds of speeds. Although now that I have disc brakes I'm keen to see how much courage they give me.

You sound like Ettore Bugatti. His cars were renowned for their "not so great" brakes. When someone raised it with him, his response was "I build my cars to go, not stop".

I mean, why have brakes at all on a bicycle? What could possibly go wrong?

[emoji39][emoji1787]

yes what could possibly go wrong. As the late great Colin McRae said " if in doubt, go flat out"!????????????

hahaha...did 85 on mountain bike before, was fun, probably because of the wide handlebars...did 77 on road bike, never again, that thing was all over the place. 

hahaha...did 85 on mountain bike before, was fun, probably because of the wide handlebars...did 77 on road bike, never again, that thing was all over the place. 

I've hit 83 on a road bike and my bike was smooth and fully planted. But my nerves have got to me in my old age. Anything over 60km/h and I start backing off.