Moving to Port Elizabeth / PE

ACM

Its not exactly difficult to write off Joberg

Okay. Visiting Bellville and writing off Cape Town. Etc. You get the movie.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some magic beaches - Hobie beach and the little beach at Happy Valley.

Get up early ,enjoy the beaches and when the wind comes up head home to chill a bit and go out late afternoon to Schoenies for a picnic.

Good fishing as well

The rural areas around East London and the coastal areas have given me the most incredible joy over the years. Even the crappy farm roads are really great to explore on a MTB. Best of all, people are really friendly and helpful. The economy isn't great but that part of the country is genuinely fantastic when you get to know and understand it.

• 5 months later...

Hi hubbers,

I opened this post last year.  I need assistance from the hubbers in PE.  I cannot find an Afrikaans school (web searching) that have Economics as subject.  My son started grade 11 this year; so too late to change subjects.  Does anyone know of an Afrikaans school with Economics as subject?

Thanks for the assistance.

Hi hubbers,

I opened this post last year.  I need assistance from the hubbers in PE.  I cannot find an Afrikaans school (web searching) that have Economics as subject.  My son started grade 11 this year; so too late to change subjects.  Does anyone know of an Afrikaans school with Economics as subject?

Framesby or DF Malherber

Framesby or DF Malherber

Hi from the friendly windy city!

Also have a look at Pearson, as they have English and Afrikaans classes.

Where will you be based as this also aids in ones decision - as with extramural activities, travel times across town can be awkward.

Please shout as we have friends / family at all of the respective schools  

Hi hubbers,

Try Pearson - https://www.pearsonhighschool.com - This is a dual medium school, so classes run in English and Afrikaans - but the kids are all massively bilingual as a result of everything else being a shared activity - and it's close to the beach.. we used to do PT classes there...

DF Malerbe, Framesby and Andrew Rabie are also worth asking.

Hi hubbers,

ACM, have you made the move as yet? I moved down my whole family over December and I must say my son is loving life here. I'm also happy not flying to and from Gauteng on a weekly basis. If you have moved DM me and we could meet up and maybe go do a bike ride and have a brew.

Try Pearson - https://www.pearsonhighschool.com - This is a dual medium school, so classes run in English and Afrikaans - but the kids are all massively bilingual as a result of everything else being a shared activity - and it's close to the beach.. we used to do PT classes there...

Pearson / Framesby

Forgot about Rabie and i dated a few girls that went there :whistling: