Garmin - problems replacing HRM soft strap

LionelBrink

All the more reason to ditch Garmon and get a wahoo.

the GPS head units are more reliable

the idt seems to be on par with neo now

but the whole "ecosystem" just seems to play much more nicely with zwift.

with my garmin head unit connected to the NEO and neo to zwift I seem to get intermittent power drop outs. Remove the garmin from the equation and everything plays nicely. No such troubles with the wahoo.

Come on wahoo. Get that Vitality connection working

Hey DieselInDust,

We are so incredibly close... home stretch.

You local Wahooligan 

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my polar soft strap today and went for a run with it today. What a pleasure..I couldn't even feel it. It's like a breathe of fresh air. Just had to trim the plastic bits around the clips. €15 for the strap

Glad I stumbled onto this discussion. My Garmin belt started giving low readings and struggled to connect to my devices (Edge 800 and Suunto watch). This is still the older Ant+ only version. The issue has to be the belt as I switched the pod/ receiver over to the old Garmin strap and all is well. Am looking for a dual strap though (Ant + & Bluetooth smart). Seems like the Tickr is the way to go?

I got a new Edge 130 with the soft strap. Even when wetting the contact patches before a ride, I got fluctuating readings with periods with no HR reading.

Went back to the hard strap I got with my Edge 500, problem solved, readings constant.

Don't throw the straps away. I had same problem, so I cut it in half and it worked perfectly..

I never had problems for almost 5 years...

I took a chance and bought one of these. Took it out of the box and it synced up with my suunto (Bluetooth) and Garmin (Ant +) without issues. Strangely the Bluetooth hr was showing 3 beats higher than the Ant +.?

I took a chance and bought one of these. Took it out of the box and it synced up with my suunto (Bluetooth) and Garmin (Ant +) without issues. Strangely the Bluetooth hr was showing 3 beats higher than the Ant +.?

I think I will take the gamble as well at that price.

what is the part number of this Polar strap please. My garmin soft strap bombed out last night. replaced battery and the pod reads HR but its either way too low or way too high.

what is the part number of this Polar strap please. My garmin soft strap bombed out last night. replaced battery and the pod reads HR but its either way too low or way too high.

This is what I bought

770fb8b455d2a005325d7ecf9abdeaaf.jpg5b89cbac4da569d546047af908ac6083.jpg

Awesome Thanks!

Comfort wise.. The polar strap is significantly better... And so far with consistent hr readings.. But it's still new