Delivery from the USA

Prince Albert Cycles

Alternatively, go into a post office, give them the international tracking number, they'll give you the local tracking number - because it usually changes when it heads through ORTambo post centre, then you can track it locally.

Or call that 0800 nr of SAPO, it does get a new number when it arrives in SA - they will give you a new tracking number.

The delay at customs is a bit better now, my son now only waited 3-4 weeks for parcel from Hongkong (was also in SA within 4 days...)

Alternatively, go into a post office, give them the international tracking number, they'll give you the local tracking number - 

SNIP

Or call that 0800 nr of SAPO, it does get a new number when it arrives in SA - they will give you a new tracking number.

SNIP

The SAPO Android app is actually pretty good in this regard. Just add your international tracking number as a parcel to track and it automatically finds it for you the moment it enters the SAPO ecosystem and shows both the local and international tracking number.

I went to the local post office to collect my package even before they sent out the little notice papers because the App told me it is there.

Alternatively, go into a post office, give them the international tracking number, they'll give you the local tracking number - because it usually changes when it heads through ORTambo post centre, then you can track it locally.

You mean to say, "take a decent dose of tranquilizer first, preferably something that is likely to give you amnesia afterwards, empty your pockets of all weapons that you could possibly use to kill others or to gouge your own eyeballs out, take off your watch so you can no longer track  time, maybe even get rid of that calendar in your notebook, put on big dark sunglasses, a hat, a fake moustache, swallow some precautionary antibiotics and a few Vitamin Cs, dress in your gardening clothes and gumboots, consider a face mask or stuff your nose with earplugs, say a prayer and cross your heart before you enter the door!"

Edited by DJR

• 5 weeks later...

I ordered from nike on Saturday, they used Aramex and I received the parcel this morning, okay the package didn't come from the US but from the Netherlands. I assume the import fees were calculated in the purchase price as I didn't have to pay extra.

So Aramex seem to get things done quickly... maybe keep them in mind next time?

Hi, there is a quicker way from US. I used a company called BikeFlights in the US for a shipment of parts this year. They pre clear and calculate the VAT and duty, you pay up front, took 5 days from departure to delivery at my doorstep. It was showing in customs for a couple of hours here, then on to Durban, that was from Colorado. They use DHL Expediated.