Rear hub 12 speed compatibility

Piernas Flacas

Howzit guys -

I'm in the process of upgrading my 2014 Silverback components. Currently I have a Deore FH-M595 hub with a HG62 10 speed cassette. I believe the new 12 speed cassettes are micro spline. Would it be possible and worth to replace the freehub body only or should I stick to what I got? I'm replacing the whole groupset including brakes, shifters, crankset, etc and my budget is about R6500. Looking for an SLX upgrade, if possible, or else Deore.

you will want to consider the Sunrace cassette options as these will fit on your freehub.

Microspline is not compatible with your current hubs and there isn't a XD driver for the Shimano hubs either

I really don't think you are going to find a complete 12 speed groupset for under 6.5k if you are looking for brakes etc. As far as I know Shimano haven't rolled 12 speed down below SLX and the XT groupset including brakes etc. is almost 20k.  Not sure about SRAM options though but I doubt they will be much cheaper than the equivalent Shimano sets.

Why noy try 1x11? I have the sunrace mx8 11-50 cassette paired with a m7000 gs slx rd, slx chain and m8000xt shifter. Kit cost less than R3k5, and works on my normal shimano splined hubs

Edited by Otero

Why noy try 1x11? I have the sunrace mx8 11-50 cassette paired with a m7000 gs slx rd, slx chain and m8000xt shifter. Kit cost less than R3k5, and works on my normal shimano splined hubs

Great advise!!!

If you would like to change, go 1 x 11!! Not that expensive and you would have some money left to add to that wheel set :whistling:

Otero, what chainring / crankset do you have in your setup?