Electronic Skateboarding

Wayne Potgieter

I'm definitely too old to break bones like this, but WTF is happening in the world? Are there no stoner, long board riding strava$$holes complaining about cheating or KOMs???

just placed an order for a new board that can be converted to an off road or street setup.

Those tyres roll over anything. 7” pneumatic tyres with two tread patterns.

I’ll post picks when it arrives on Monday.

Details on where you ordered from please

Took the new board out this morning with my son for a little spin to the local marina.

He is learning to do some video editing so he made this little youtube clip.

Excuse the cheesy music.

***Shout out to some local cyclists for being friendly and giving us a wave - only saw that after the video was edited. :)

Edited by Wayne Potgieter

• 5 months later...

Here is another short video with me testing out some new wheels.

link for info about the product , seems to be similar design and concept to the boosted board 

Here is another short video with me testing out some new wheels.

Selfie stick still shows up in shadow - would have though technology would have solved that by now.

okay never mind :D , not in A position just yet to drop 30k on one of these 

Yep - they are not cheap. But when you consider the tech involved and compare it to a carbon ebike then its not so bad. At least, thats how I justified it for myself.

Selfie stick still shows up in shadow - would have though technology would have solved that by now.

The camera makes use of a natural blind spot and that's how the selfie stick is missing. Naturally, if it picks up a shadow, there is nothing that can be done about that. Still pretty cool though.

The reason I went with a 360, is that it actually makes filming a lot easier. You don't have to worry that you have set it up correctly and that you have a good angle, as its pretty much recording 99% of everything around you. So you choose the best shots later.

Yep - they are not cheap. But when you consider the tech involved and compare it to a carbon ebike then its not so bad. At least, thats how I justified it for myself.

definitely , although if were talking tech I'd probably get myself A SPot dog before an electric skateboard 

https://www.bostondynamics.com/spot