2020 Tour de France

pista

From the way that Rob Hatch, Daniel Lloyd, and Johnathan Harris Bass were talking about it, the feeling I got left with is that cycling's response to this is very insufficient and way beyond other elite sports and that it needs to be addressed better than what is currently happening.

Yes its very wham bam in cycling Edited by Gen

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam Bennett dropping out the back of the Peloton now. Plenty of climbing till the end of the stage still...

Peloton is 9mins behind the break. No Bonus seconds will then come into play for GC today.

Are they past the sprint point though?

Schachmann's caught up with Powless. Here's to hoping these two will be battling it out for the stage victory.

Who are the two commentators on Supersport?

I really appreciate that they cater for newcomers and first time viewers by explaining concepts/happenings in a simple manner.

Anthony McCrossen and Simon Gerrans

Yes its very wham bam in cycling

Perhaps too much so but the issue of concussion is one that needs addressing and if you listen to the guys from SSISA even sports like rugby, who's HIA is reasonably good, can do with improvement and it is a condition we know that can end a sportsman's career so there is a genuine need to get the protocols as good as possible to prevent that from happening.

Perhaps too much so but the issue of concussion is one that needs addressing and if you listen to the guys from SSISA even sports like rugby, who's HIA is reasonably good, can do with improvement and it is a condition we know that can end a sportsman's career so there is a genuine need to get the protocols as good as possible to prevent that from happening.

Indeed... and cause permanent damage if it happens repeatedly

Not sure who I want to win the stage between Powless and Schachmann as it looks like that they have a big enough lead over their chasers. Both are talented riders!!!!

I suspect, uhh, hope, that the stoic Nairoman attacks up the final few kms. 

It's about 11% for the final 2 kms to the summit of Puy Mary. 

Not a lot of recovery time in the final 2 hours of racing. And at least 23 kms of continuous climbing to the white chalk. That'll warm me up, hey.

In terms of winning today, watch out for Marc Soler (head choice) and Martinez (heart choice). In terms of GC, Roglic will be aiming to defend his lead.

Pic by Getty Images

JxeJRwPXDqdv6qbnEogGM.jpg

Edited by 'Dale

I suspect, uh, hope, that the stoic Nairoman attacks up the final few kms. 

It's about 11% for the final 2 kms to the summit of Puy Mary. 

My legs are sore just thinking about it. Tough work that section of the climb!

Who are the two commentators on Supersport?

I really appreciate that they cater for newcomers and first time viewers by explaining concepts/happenings in a simple manner.

If you want to hear some good inside information on the commentators, then listen to these podcasts. Phil Liggett and Mat Keenan both give differing view on being a commentator/continuity host.

https://lifeinthepeloton.com/2018/01/16/phil-liggett-the-voice-of-cycling/

https://lifeinthepeloton.com/2020/02/26/matt-keenan-a-different-path-to-the-tour-de-france/ 

I'm not a fan of Phil Liggett, but my respect for his knowledge changed after I heard the podcast. The interesting take from both interviews would answer the need for explaining to newbie viewers.

Edited by Frosty