2020 Tour de France

pista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Them fans

Gotta love the rip in the stockings and the latest generation WattBike.

Pic Kristof Ramon

2020-tour-de-france-stage13-kramon-2-128

This has been a strange tour - the top 10 are all within 2 mins of each other but somehow it seems a foregone conclusion who the winner will be already.

Bring on tomorrow!!!!

There can be no conclusions yet, especially not this year. With the chance of a team being withdrawn at any time due to positive COVID tests, this is surely a year not to count chickens before they hatch.

It's amazing how everyone wants better rider concussion protocol, says changes need to be made etc but when someone is naughty in a sprint and endangers himself and others it's fine because, it's always been done..... :ph34r: :whistling:

Don't think anyone here said that..or maybe I didn't see it. Edited by Gen

From the way that Rob Hatch, Daniel Lloyd, and Johnathan Harris Bass were talking about it, the feeling I got left with is that cycling's response to this is very insufficient and way beyond other elite sports and that it needs to be addressed better than what is currently happening.

great to hear that they were discussing concussion....the world feed commentary discussion about the issue was less than weak etc....very disappointing....they appear to not want to upset their paymasters...

It's amazing how everyone wants better rider concussion protocol, says changes need to be made etc but when someone is naughty in a sprint and endangers himself and others it's fine because, it's always been done.....  :ph34r:  :whistling:

Nope

French lesson to divert from the concussion debate:

According to official French definitions, a col is a mountain pass. ... Other climbs, that cannot be characterized as "cols" are called "côtes", which simply means "slope". There are 114 hills characterized as côtes.

I didn't know that - saw it on the profile and was curious to know the difference.
post-1372-0-02778300-1599915592_thumb.png

There is a baseline Gen, that is similar across sporting codes. Implementation is based off different variables.

What people see and read is often not the same in reality and the moment.

What is the roadside baseline protocol in cycling.. I have seen the FIFA on field protocol followed (as posted a few post above) in football but not in cycling...yes the camera isn't always near the cyclist that's why I ask. Edited by Gen

Interesting finish to the stage... three switch backs just before 5Km to go (Cat 4 climb), followed by 3 lefts and 2 rights before a relatively straight & flat 2Km to the finish. Going to be interesting if there's a bunch sprint.