The new First Ascent Podium Bibshorts

Arrie

wondering how you have been using the podium bib for a year if they have only just been released...

he said "other" first ascent stuff.....

Nah he mentions "including the new podium jobs"...

Very unfair to compare the old first ascent stuff to assos if he meant other old stuff. That old stuff could be compared with maxed  :ph34r:

Nah he mentions "including the new podium jobs"...

Very unfair to compare the old first ascent stuff to assos if he meant other old stuff. That old stuff could be compared with maxed  :ph34r:

Yes, but some of the Assos stuff is older than the First Ascent stuff. Yes, it was twice the price and then some but its still good. Don't get me wrong, I've got a number of First Ascent products and usually I'm quite happy with them. I'm certainly not "unhappy" with their shorts and bibs either and it is isn't bad at the price point. It's just that in comparative terms the Assos stuff makes more sense to me; I find it more comfortable and more durable. Others may have a different view. Maybe the Podium kit will prove to be different. Time will tell. But for now I still find the Assos stuff to be more comfortable. Your butt may say otherwise..

Yes, but some of the Assos stuff is older than the First Ascent stuff. Yes, it was twice the price and then some but its still good. Don't get me wrong, I've got a number of First Ascent products and usually I'm quite happy with them. I'm certainly not "unhappy" with their shorts and bibs either and it is isn't bad at the price point. It's just that in comparative terms the Assos stuff makes more sense to me; I find it more comfortable and more durable. Others may have a different view. Maybe the Podium kit will prove to be different. Time will tell. But for now I still find the Assos stuff to be more comfortable. Your butt may say otherwise..

goedkoop is durrkoop, maar Assos... ai toggies... that's nextlevel-duurkoop. Then again, value is purely subjective

• 3 months later...

Update:

First ascent podium bib and top still going strong. Still look brand new besides where a thorn bush had its way with the side panel.

Both get used at least 3 times a week.

Will update again in a few more months. About to pull the plug on a second set.

Edited by BikeisLife