Anybody experience limited circulation in their toes from long rides?

They were at medical school together, and I guess this is payback for me spying on them in their bikinis or less... 

Each time I visit I get asked what first world problem I have this time... Gout, ulcer, gout again, broken junk...

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought you might be married to or dating your cousin

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awkward question, but I think it's time I ask it haha.

Rode W2W Chardonnay, and after day 1 my big toe went numb in my right foot. Didn't care too much for it, thought it's just from riding so far as a first timer... The problem is that my big toe is still kind of numb, there's nothing different visually from my left big toe. It's not sore and I have 100% movement. But the underside still feels slightly numb, almost like pins and needles but without the funny tingling sensation. I wear the Capestorm cycling shoes and rode with the cleats in the bottom screws, not sure if that gives much insight.

Has anybody experienced anything like this?

Hi,

I am not a rider but do treat a lot in multiple sports injuries. I will need more info in order to assist. Tell me about your entire leg's presentation. Like, your knee, ankle, shin reaction more so when the toe symptoms present.

Hi,

I am not a rider but do treat a lot in multiple sports injuries. I will need more info in order to assist. Tell me about your entire leg's presentation. Like, your knee, ankle, shin reaction more so when the toe symptoms present.

• 7 months later...

Discovered something interesting last week on my Everesting rides - always thought my toe going numb was from certain shoes that were maybe too tight - it usually only happened when I was racing. I changed shoes and socks a few times while Everesting and finally worked out my problem - left big toe was only going numb with certain pairs of socks. So looks like for me somehow the socks are affecting blood flow or compressing a nerve and it's not my shoes that are too tight.