Specialized Camber/Stumpjumper Rear Shock Mount and Adapter

aquaratza

Apologies in advance if someone has asked this at some point, I did search the forums.

I have a 2016 Specialized Camber and a 2016 Stumpjumper. The Camber has a "Brain" shock, the Stumpy has a non-brain shock. I prefer my Stumpy's rear shock, actually I prefer my Stumpy's whole shock setup to the Camber (it's fun).

I'd like to be able to experiment with different shocks, but everything on the local second-hand market seems to have a different mount to what's on my Camber. I don't know what this mount is called, but it seems to be *the* standard rear shock mounting system.

A website called bikeyoke sells an adapter which allows the use of standard shocks on a 2016 Camber, but these adapters, before shipping and customs duties, are about R 1700 (probably going to be about R 3000 all up as an estimate).

Does anyone have any suggestions on an adapter available locally that is this price or less? Am I wasting my time wanting to try out different shock options? Maybe I'm expecting too much of my Camber.

Edited by aquaratza

The Spez mount is proprietary, but you can (occasionally) get hold of the damper bodies that fit on to standard Fox and RS shocks and will allow you to run a wider range of shocks.

Drop me a PM with the full details of both bikes and I'll see what we can find for you.