Past rider getting back into the game advice needed please

hendrik@bikehub

Will definitely look into that. If the bike is too big, I will keep my beloved Giant for myself and rather get him a proper sized bike.

Baie beter idee.

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/Store/catalog/fitCalculatorBike.jsp - this is a good starting point. Sommer measure everyone in the family  :thumbup:

On a bike: If you like the colors on the frame and like the look of the bike then go for it, everything else can be upgraded. 

What I would do - Keep the 26er for yourself for the interim and get your son a proper bike suited to him, then if you guys get fitter and stronger then look at upgrading the 26er, I doubt that when you and your son goes out that you'll do more than +/-30km 

O, and welcome back

Thanks for all the tips, tricks and ideas. That is why I always like to ask around for advice. Someone else always thinks of something out of the box that you never thought about.

Once you've set on size have a look at the classifieds. Some real value for money available if you know what you are looking for

My son now wants a mountain bike and with my Giant still in very good condition I told him if he has good marks end of the year he can have the bike. This leaves me now without a ride. I did some research and saw things have changed quite allot. Disc brakes being the standard thing, longer travel on suspension and then the new 29" thing.

So you gave him an old 26er Giant with rim brakes.

How bad did he in his final marks?   :D  :P