Asking for help

Uni

Hey guys and girls. 

I know we're all struggling with compassion fatigue. Times are tough, and I tried not to make a habit of mass spamming people for help but I'm putting this here.

I met this guy through a Bird Sanctuary in Edenvale that is very close to my heart. Howard is a lovely guy and I don't go out of my way for just anybody.

[link updated]

https://www.backabuddy.co.za//uni

if you can spare anything, please do. Also please share with anyone that might be able to help.

Joburg boys and girls, Howard is a size 30 tall, and size 8 shoe, His wife Sanna is size 36, size 6 shoe.

if you have any clothes that you want to get rid of, or have anything else you want to donate to help them rebuild, I'm happy to arrange to come collect from you. 

Feel free to mail me wingsoptional@gmail.com or PM me here.

Thanks ppl.

Edited by Uni

Uni.

PM your bank details - will drop a few rands - things are a bit tight, but I can spare R100 bucks to help get someone back on their feet. Especially when they are working and trying and not just asking for handouts.

this might be a silly question, but whats the difference between sending money over backabuddy or you direct?

BackaBuddy allows me to harness their platform for alternate payments but of course they take a fee for their 'services' - paying directly to my account bypasses that.

I suppose setting a target and allowing people to see the progress and feel part of a bigger cause has some kind of emotional thing too - I dunno?

if anyone wants to pay direct to me that's fine too, don't mind sending deets for whoever asks for it. and happy to show accounting after. 

BackaBuddy allows me to harness their platform for alternate payments but of course they take a fee for their 'services' - paying directly to my account bypasses that.

I suppose setting a target and allowing people to see the progress and feel part of a bigger cause has some kind of emotional thing too - I dunno?

if anyone wants to pay direct to me that's fine too, don't mind sending deets for whoever asks for it. and happy to show accounting after. 

Cool beans, pls send me your banking details. I'll throw in a few bob. 

And well done, we need more people like you in the world, doing this kind of stuff.

Won't it cause problems wrt to personal tax on your side if everybody starts paying you money?  I will make a deposit with Paypal tonight.  I have a few Euros lying there that I can just as well pass over.  Just need to get the account details.

Won't it cause problems wrt to personal tax on your side if everybody starts paying you money?  I will make a deposit with Paypal tonight.  I have a few Euros lying there that I can just as well pass over.  Just need to get the account details.

Will it? I'm not sure? 

i can change the bank details to the NPOs bank details rather and they are a section 18A so ppl can claim their donation if they want. it just makes it more difficult to keep track of where the money came from and I'd like to be able to 'manage' this process rather than bug the Sanctuary lady to keep track of funds. but i'll chat with her as well.

okay PPL i spoke with SARS help desk and they said it's not a problem - so i would like to keep track of funds raised so preferable through the backabuddy or in my account. 

but if you want to go through the NPO:

The NPO that he works for is Brainy Birds. Section 18A so tax deductions are available if people want to go that route. but please use HOWARD as a reference, I'd like to be able to track it somehow and report back how well we did.

FNB Savings Acc: 62638346678

Branch: 250 655

http://www.brainybirds.co.za (pssstt if you want to donate to the NPO for the birdies AS WELL that's also acceptable  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  ^_^ )

Non Profit Organisation 165-385 NPO PBO930064551

Sitting on about R4200 so far with direct deposits as well. I'm super chuffed.

I'm going to try process first payout this week.

Thank you guys.

post-44041-0-78173700-1584187965_thumb.jpg

Sorry crappy photo I had to grab him quick. Busy trying to verify him to back a buddy people and he has lost all his documents but I was able to hand over all the direct deposit money which was from Hubbers, you guys are awesome. You know who you are.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all. 

I got the payout of what has been collected yesterday from BackABuddy. 

all in all with offline payments as well we managed to raise R4425.14 = which might not seem like a whole lot to many of us but I know it will make an incredible difference to him and his wife. I didn't make my 10k target but I'm super chuffed. You guys are awesome.

He asked me to transfer to his wife's account which I have done. 

I thank everybody that helped out in each and every way! 

post-44041-0-24232700-1586521632_thumb.png

Edited by Uni