New MTB Tyres in Lockdown

Wet Ears

My current tyres are starting to look worse for wear, is it worth putting new decent tyres on my MTB if most of my riding during lockdown will be on tar? Other option would be to stick it out on my dodge tyres or buy el cheapos which I use in the interim?

My current tyres are starting to look worse for wear, is it worth putting new decent tyres on my MTB if most of my riding during lockdown will be on tar? Other option would be to stick it out on my dodge tyres or buy el cheapos which I use in the interim?

I reckon just stick it out, especially if youre gonna be staying on the tar...

Stick it out till the trails open . Im in the same situation with my rear tyre . Its got about 5000km on and the center tread is smooth , so pumped hard its good for road riding . Off road tyres wear faster on tar than off road . 

As kids we used to ride our BMX tyres until the canvass showed ... sometimes even the tube. LOL:D

Suspect the same applies during lockdown.

Seeing as you brought it up... Hope you don't mind lol...

A friend rides a 27.5 mtb.. mainly tar and jeep roads.. she is stubborn and wont go tubeless, makes me mad.. anyone have 1 or 2 new or used 27.5 tubeless tyres for cheap for her? Il put these on her bike as she has tubeless rims. Thank you!

Seeing as you brought it up... Hope you don't mind lol...

A friend rides a 27.5 mtb.. mainly tar and jeep roads.. she is stubborn and wont go tubeless, makes me mad.. anyone have 1 or 2 new or used 27.5 tubeless tyres for cheap for her? Il put these on her bike as she has tubeless rims. Thank you!

Might be able to help. PM tomorrow and I'll take a look in the store room in the morning

Not sure how I'll get them to you...

Edited by DieselnDust

Cool, thank you! 

Might be able to help. PM tomorrow and I'll take a look in the store room in the morning

Not sure how I'll get them to you...

Ride em till they pop. No point wasting rubber on tar.

Edited by droo

As kids we used to ride our BMX tyres until the canvass showed ... sometimes even the tube. LOL:D

Suspect the same applies during lockdown.

those were the days...when you wore your bikes worn out components like a lifetime achievement award. it showed onlookers what your priorities were.

You cant buy them like that...you have to earn it, and when you earned it...it showed that you knew what you were doing. ^_^

Edited by morneS555

Thanks all, will be sticking it out, bought the tyres just in case I have a blow out but will aim to put them on only post lockdown

Edited by Wet Ears