Giant Anthem X 29er - Sizing - Medium or Large?

Mtb2009

Brand dimensions play a huge factor. At 1.76 a large is definitely too big for you.

yes it does. I like to run wide bars and short stems. I have short legs and a big upper body so some mediums get a bit cramped that's why I like the longer reach.

as someone who suffers from chronic "all bikes are too small syndrome"  - i'd go with a large bike at your length. you will defo be able to size a large down with a lower seat and shorter stem....but you will most like be at the upper limits of adjustability of a medium? That being said...i was always under the impression that giant bikes are sized in "american"....as in they are geberally a tad bigger than 'normal' sizes lol.

I am 1.78cm and felt the Medium was a better fit. I am now of a large Pyga 110.

The 2016 Anthem has a relatively steep 71 degree head angle, so going for a large with a short stem to get the "long and slack" geometry may not be the best as it is not slack.. You may end up with a short stem with a steepish head angle, resulting in twitchy steering.

But, I had the same conundrum when I was buying my Anthem. I also read every blog and review and then eventually went to a shop that had the medium and large in stock. Got on the medium, it felt a little small but fine. Then I got on the large and it felt massive, not flickable etc.

Edited by Baracuda

I am 1.78cm and felt the Medium was a better fit. I am now of a large Pyga 110.

The 2016 Anthem has a relatively steep 71 degree head angle, so going for a large with a short stem to get the "long and slack" may not be the best as it is not slack.. You may end up with a short term with a steepish head angle, resulting in twitchy steering.

But, I had the same conundrum when I was buying my Anthem. I also read every blog and review and then eventually went to a shop that had the medium and large in stock. Got on the medium, it felt a little small but fine. Then I got on the large and it felt massive, not flickable etc.

I have an Anthem an older one...same experience, same height..went with medium. Im thinking of changing to Spez...not sure about geometry at this stage but I suspect I will go with medium again.

It also depends on which year model you're talking about.  I'm also 1.8m tall and have had the older Anthem and the newer one too.  On the older one the medium was probably a bit small for me (especially with the little stem I had on) but the newer version (also a medium) with the same stem fits me like a glove.