Elite Trainers - Suito reviews from the BH

Veebee

I would have thought so too.

Same bike, same cassette. 

Ja but the hub spacing might be a teeni tiny bit off. I have/had the same issue with my zumo and I've fiddled a bit by using those cassette spacers. It's a bit better but by no means is it perfect.

Oddly I only experience this when I'm in the big ring. It's not REALLY an issue for me coz I do workouts 99% of the time so there's no changing of gears.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the older model Direto which I've had for about two years.  I've done 500 hours / 15,000km on it and I've not had one single issue.  100% faultless.  

I'd highly recommend Elite trainers.  

I've got the original Direto as well. Had it for 2.5 years and I haven't had any issues either.

Highly recommend them.

I've had the Suito for the last week or so and am really enjoying it. No issues whatsoever.

I did order an ANT+ dongle at the same time which I haven't received yet but don't actually need it, as the Bluetooth connection from the trainer and from my Sunnto HRM connect seamlessly to my laptop.

I've had the Suito for the last week or so and am really enjoying it. No issues whatsoever.

I did order an ANT+ dongle at the same time which I haven't received yet but don't actually need it, as the Bluetooth connection from the trainer and from my Sunnto HRM connect seamlessly to my laptop.

Out of interest, what OS are you running on your laptop? And what training software are you using?

I find that some of my gears are "twitchy" and "grind". Is that merely a spacing set-up on the rear axle? My LBS put my Shimano 105 onto the Direto X. 

Does your bike also have a Shimano drivetrain and cassette or do you use Campagnolo on the bike and a Shimano cassette on the Direto?

I find that some of my gears are "twitchy" and "grind". Is that merely a spacing set-up on the rear axle? My LBS put my Shimano 105 onto the Direto X. 

Hi, make sure that you use the correct cassette spacers as needed.

I put a Sram NX 12x speed cassette on my Direto. With the 1.8mm spacer alignment and shifting is perfect, no derailleur adjustment needed. I probably also would got it tight enough with the 1mm spacer...but... So just watch that.

Does your bike also have a Shimano drivetrain and cassette or do you use Campagnolo on the bike and a Shimano cassette on the Direto?

Shimano drivetrain and cassette on bike and Direto.

Quick q regarding the Elite Suito when set up for disc brake:

There is a very small adapter on the drive side which gets inserted on the end of the cassette and sits between the cassette and the chain stay. This component is very short (about 0.5cm that sits on the inside of the cassette) and when it is inserted into the cassette it almost instantly falls out at the faintest of nudges. This part is just waiting to roll off into a corner and be lost forever.

My question is if this is the case for everyone?

I see there is thread on the inside of the 'axle' on which the cassette sits but the adapter isn't threaded, thus allowing it very easily to fall out of place (usually as I'm attempting to put my bike on the trainer).

This is my only real gripe with the unit - hoping it is something I've missed rather than an actual issue...

• 3 months later...

I have an Elite Dorito Plus, no issues for the last year and 3 months. Last week started experiencing an issue that is rather common based on the ELITE FB page... loud knocking sound when pedaling.

https://www.facebook.com/100012585758523/videos/1076817689414413

https://www.facebook.com/100002048679581/videos/g.1380212845399014/3452013478210241

My device has a two-year warranty, contacted Elite support online (waiting on feedback) and the store where I purchased the device (was told to bring it in and it will be shipped back to supplier in Italy for repairs).

Question: Does anyone have any experience or know of anyone's experience returning a faulty device back to ELITE (Italy). Do I attempt to fix it myself and risk voiding my warranty or should I just take it back to be shipped and wait however many months to get it sorted?

Thanks for the advice, just called them, super helpful, they are going to collect my device to have a look at it, see if they can repair it locally first....  

Have you tried contacting Nsquared?

Thanks for the advice, just called them, super helpful, they are going to collect my device to have a look at it, see if they can repair it locally first....  

:thumbup:

Sounds like its the belt or pulleys, I know they keep them in stock so should be a quick fix.