Looking for a suitable MTB

Waterkloof View

I have been riding almost a year now only recreational. I do 30km every weekend on gravel roads medium terrain. Have a budget of plus minus R7000.00. Pls help with recommendations for good value.

I am nowhere near experienced enough to advise on a bike however I will say this - R7k was my initial budget, I ended up paying R8500 for a really good bike.

However - there was a good deal (similar specs to my bike) which was up for about R6k so it seems you do get a real bargain once in a while

Thanks JackBrand. Challenge is l need recommendation of brands or product specs to manage my expectations and adjust budget accordingly.

Thanks JackBrand. Challenge is l need recommendation of brands or product specs to manage my expectations and adjust budget accordingly.

For your riding style and conditions you really don't need anything special. That should manage your expectation right there ;)

I've had a mate ride out  steep Table Mountain gravel roads on a vintage style road bike so you really don't need anything exceptional. I always say it's 10% bike 90% Human.

Get a bike, ride as mush as possible, pedal, get fit and then you can get a MTB which is nice.

Post some of the bikes here from your area whcih is in your budget and say why you like it etc. Other hubbers can comment and advise.

Not sure what size you need, or how tall you are, but I must say, I thought something like this might not be a bad deal if you can get it around R 10,000.

It already has everything you might need.

Air suspension

1x12 (not needed, but people seem to like it) SRAM GX, so a decent set

Tubeless already.

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/hardtail-mountain-bikes/418161/silverback-stride-sx

Thanks Kagiso. What models would you recommend, any specific detail l should look out.

In my research Silverbacks might be the best bet. Modern geometry as well as amazing value for money...

If you arent in a hurry, wait it out and look for a bargain. I had a quick search on the classifieds and there isnt anything worth getting IMO

I have been riding almost a year now only recreational. I do 30km every weekend on gravel roads medium terrain. Have a budget of plus minus R7000.00. Pls help with recommendations for good value.

This will do you fine...I've hammered and slammed mine around the hills of Magalies for the last three years with no major issues (but as money has allowed I have upgraded various bits such). If you shop around a bit I'm sure you will find some good deals out there...

https://bike-addict.co.za/products/momsen-al-129-2018

i saw that momsen on bike addict

they had the 2018 and 2019 for same price

for air fork etc it seems to be the best price option

the silverback and Titan i saw were closer to 10k

is this better than the momsen for around the same price?

Ja, just make sure all is in working order. Looks like a nice deal if so.....