Need help Looking for flat pedals

Korbin De Klerk

I got a new bike and its got those terrible stock pedals, I cant seem to find a good pair of flats that aren’t that expensive. Or even a trusted website to order flats off. None of my local stores stock anything.

Gaints are great at the price they go for.

Durable too with good grip.

Make sure that the pins are not part of the pedal but are removable and adjustable. 

They have a lot more grip than the ones where the "pins" are molded in.

+1 on the giant flats, nice and wide even for my "weeshuis brood" feet as they were labelled since std 8, and well priced.

Between the giant pedals and my skitches ive not had a foot slip off.

Make sure you get a flat pedal which sits a bit further away from the crank so your foot is in the middle of the pedal, this is if you have big feet. Giants are very good for R450 a pair, lightweight, but for me, uk11 foot size, i went for dmr. They sit a tad further away. dmr has v8 and v12 options, v8 under 1k, but its a good pedal. Welcome to the world of flat pedals, concave, grip and fun. You will notice a massive difference compared to your standard issue pedals. 

Giant flats and DMR are the go to for budget flats but if you are going to ride flats it is really worth investing in good ones as they make a lot of difference. Definitely some with screw through pins. I’ve tried a lot but best have been specialized boomslang without a doubt but they are quite hard to find.

Giant flats and DMR are the go to for budget flats but if you are going to ride flats it is really worth investing in good ones as they make a lot of difference. Definitely some with screw through pins. I’ve tried a lot but best have been specialized boomslang without a doubt but they are quite hard to find.

Thank you, will look into it .