• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorgeous bru I like it

Thanks buddy

Il be waiting for your Norco review, i will be doing it aswell

That is one sexy looking whitey.

Congrats dude. Many happy smiles per hour.

Thanks, many safe miles.

Excited to take it for spin tomorrow

Thanks buddy

Il be waiting for your Norco review, i will be doing it aswell

This is a trifold impossibility.

1.  I have zero comparitive experience on any dual suspension 2 wheeled transport.

2.  I am still too heavy to use this bike to its potential, so I am just taking it easy when on it.  (Need to get rid of another 20kg first, dropped my first 20kg today since 1 August)

3.  I spent about 100km on it now and then I trained 3 days on the hardtail last week, took friday off, and discovered a haemorrhoid from hell on saturday.  (I think I might get back on the saddle tomorrow, took almost a week off it - sadly it is still there, but it is shrinking finally - if you feel this is tmi I apologise in hindsight)

1. I have zero comparitive experience on any dual suspension 2 wheeled transport.

2. I am still too heavy to use this bike to its potential, so I am just taking it easy when on it. (Need to get rid of another 20kg first, dropped my first 20kg today since 1 August)

3. I spent about 100km on it now and then I trained 3 days on the hardtail last week, took friday off, and discovered a haemorrhoid from hell on saturday. (I think I might get back on the saddle tomorrow, took almost a week off it - sadly it is still there, but it is shrinking finally - if you feel this is tmi I apologise in hindsight)

Sounds like that roid is at least 2kg right there.

Congrats on the first 20kg. Massive achievement.

1. I have zero comparitive experience on any dual suspension 2 wheeled transport.

2. I am still too heavy to use this bike to its potential, so I am just taking it easy when on it. (Need to get rid of another 20kg first, dropped my first 20kg today since 1 August)

3. I spent about 100km on it now and then I trained 3 days on the hardtail last week, took friday off, and discovered a haemorrhoid from hell on saturday. (I think I might get back on the saddle tomorrow, took almost a week off it - sadly it is still there, but it is shrinking finally - if you feel this is tmi I apologise in hindsight)

Welldone on dropping the 20kgs, awesome.

Not lekker on the roids tho, eish bru stay off the bike till thats sorted.

Well il keep u updated on what this norco can do, in my limited skillset hahahaha

She has arrived.....

Need to setup suspension and seat adjustment505f1dbda2e85b05a56d65561b6870f2.jpg

Congrats on your new bike! That grey sure looks awesome!

I have been on the 2020 Norco FS1 for about the last month and do about 3 to 4 rides a week... I still have super noob status but man... I get more and more excited everytime I ride the bike.

It's just so much fun! Happy miles dude.

This is my steed.

post-168239-0-40536500-1600971254_thumb.jpg

Congrats on your new bike! That grey sure looks awesome!

I have been on the 2020 Norco FS1 for about the last month and do about 3 to 4 rides a week... I still have super noob status but man... I get more and more excited everytime I ride the bike.

It's just so much fun! Happy miles dude.

This is my steed.

That bronze copper sure looks classy man, love it.

How you finding the bike, any specific feedback , good or bad?

Find the bike a tad on the heavy side?

Did a 30km ride today, my bike setup isnt 100% so felt abit odd on the bike.

As for the capabilities, those tyres swallow up anything and everything on cecilia forest , through kirstenbosch trail today.

Those small loose baby head sized rocks arent an issue anymore.

But that same tyres have alot of rolling resistance on the road, as expected tho.

Defs will fit narrower rear.

I must be honest, I have not felt like the bike is heavy.

The stock tires (2.6 dhf front and 2.6 forekaster) felt really sticky. I now have a 2.4 ardent front and 2.35 ardent race back which has made a big difference to me.

The bike has given me loads of confidence so much so, I have ran out of talent on numerous occasions :)

The stock tires (2.6 dhf front and 2.6 forekaster) felt really sticky. I now have a 2.4 ardent front and 2.35 ardent race back which has made a big difference to me.

The bike has given me loads of confidence so much so, I have ran out of talent on numerous occasions :)

Yeah defs doing a change on the tyres, can feel it needs it.

Need to just play abit more with the suspension rebound.

But can say the rockshox soak up them bumps like hotknife through butter

LOTS of confidence, it has been the cause of a few tumbles on my side as well.

I put a 2.5 DHF on the front and a 2.4 Ardent on the rear, made a big difference, now I want to see what lighter wheels will do, going to loan a friend's Carbon wheels and see how that affects the ride.

I also fitted a 203mm rotor in front which makes a big difference on braking performance, and I did the air seal head swap on the fork, also makes a notable change to the bikes handling

You guys don't like fat tires on trail bikes?

Keep them safe I'll buy them off you in the end.

Logistics is the only issue with these OEM tyres as they all steel beads I assume?