Full Service Pricing Ripoff?

MC23

4 hours of labour at R1700 is a rip off when most shops are charging R250 an hour

A rip off depended on whether you’re getting value or not. Just because someone else is cheaper does not make these guys a rip off

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours of labour at R1700 is a rip off when most shops are charging R250 an hour

I am guessing that mechanic either has super cheap rent, tools or both or is not very good.

The shop I go to charges 500, but they have 3 mechanics and the lead has over a decades experience, he worked as a team mechanic internationally for a number of years, worked at the epic for 8, was a pro racer.

I am sure there are guys closer that are cheaper and I have used others in the past, but as a person who values the cost of time and understands the value of experience.

Your not paying for the 10 minutes it takes him to do the job, your paying for the 10 years it took him learn how to do it in 10 minutes.