Lyne Components Launches Carbon Wheelsets

News bot

Had the Lyne AMP carbon wheels on my Pyga for the last few months. No complaints after having ridden the trails at Wolwespruit quite frequently. They also seem to get scratched by rocks the same way my Giant TRX carbon wheels did

Edited by thebob

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, thebob said:

Had the Layne AMP carbon wheels on my Pyga for the last few months. No complaints after having ridden the trails at Wolwespruit quite frequently. They also seem to get scratched by rocks the same way my Giant TRX carbon wheels did

Function of tyre to rim relative width? 

2 hours ago, MudLark said:

Function of tyre to rim relative width? 

Not sure. Rocks seem to find rims regardless. I’ve been running tyres 2.3” to 2.5” wide

20 hours ago, thebob said:

Had the Lyne AMP carbon wheels on my Pyga for the last few months. No complaints after having ridden the trails at Wolwespruit quite frequently. They also seem to get scratched by rocks the same way my Giant TRX carbon wheels did

Interesting that you noticed this.  Is it a reality that carbon is more likely to pick up superficial damange vs alu, or do you think the surface coating is inferior on certain carbon rims?  All rims pick up a few knocks and chips from rocks over time - especially the back wheel.

I don't think there is a difference between the two in terms of the number of scratches, they  will both end up looking shabby. The one difference is I have dinged alloy rims, never done that to a carbon one or broken them