Lyne Components Launches Carbon Wheelsets

News bot

Interesting... What wheels did you have previously(same weight)? And you running the exact same tires?

I had the bontragers pro elite 30 .  The weight is similair probably about 100g heavier.  Tyres are the same.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the bontragers pro elite 30 .  The weight is similair probably about 100g heavier.  Tyres are the same.

Cool. I suppose it is something you need to feel then. I've never understood the appeal of carbon, but I suppose there must be something...

Cool. I suppose it is something you need to feel then. I've never understood the appeal of carbon, but I suppose there must be something...

Its is strange and hard to explain the difference.  They just make the bike feel more poppy more responsive. 

Rushsports?

Rush Sports - About Us

Rush Sports is a focused and fast growing distributor of cycling products in Southern Africa. Founded in 2005, Rush Sports has grown from humble beginnings under the leadership of young Chief Operating Officer, Andre van Aarde. Since 2015, Rush Sports has attracted experience and capital to support rapid and sustained growth. Building on the experience of the company Chief Executive Officer, Brandon Els, the company now boasts integrated reporting systems, a dynamic product, sales, marketing and management team, a highly supportive and engaged customer base, and lists over 3000 SKU’s from leading brands such as: Santa Cruz, Maxxis, Enduro, CycloPlus and more.

Meaning what does Rush Sports have to do with Lyne Components?

If you take entry level wheel sets, like the ones that came on my wifes silverback stratos al5, they called sunrace i think, how much lighter will the Amps be? I understand its overkill, but surely it helps with rolling resistance as well? 

These be rather pricey rims. I'd go SC reserves too and then choose my own hubs and spokes all built by my favourite wheelbuilder

These be rather pricey rims. I'd go SC reserves too and then choose my own hubs and spokes all built by my favourite wheelbuilder

Keen to see how much that'll set you back...

A brand new set of well thought out carbon wheels for 15/16k WITH amazing local service?

It's a no brainer. 

Price point, after sales service and support, great product at that cost is pretty unheard of.

Well done Dayle and co. 

If you would rather spend twice as much on SC with Rush, cool. But let's not derail the thread with negativity. I think this is a great value add to their range and opens up an upper tier market for them.

Pretty impressive for a small local company to bring this out so soon after the stresses of lockdown, financial ruin and being screwed by customs for so long.

I hope these sell like hot cakes and the cash flow allows Lyne to develop more rad products for us

A brand new set of well thought out carbon wheels for 15/16k WITH amazing local service?

It's a no brainer. 

Price point, after sales service and support, great product at that cost is pretty unheard of.

Well done Dayle and co. 

If you would rather spend twice as much on SC with Rush, cool. But let's not derail the thread with negativity. I think this is a great value add to their range and opens up an upper tier market for them.

Pretty impressive for a small local company to bring this out so soon after the stresses of lockdown, financial ruin and being screwed by customs for so long.

I hope these sell like hot cakes and the cash flow allows Lyne to develop more rad products for us

no true, but I just wish they'd get dropper posts back in stock...

Keen to see how much that'll set you back...

a lot by the looks of it. level 1pricing reality is hitting home

If you take entry level wheel sets, like the ones that came on my wifes silverback stratos al5, they called sunrace i think, how much lighter will the Amps be? I understand its overkill, but surely it helps with rolling resistance as well?

If the stock wheels are anywhere as heavy as my stock wheels, you are looking at savings of roughly 700grams, however, for your wife's bike I would say maybe look at the PULSE wheels instead, and there you could be saving close to 1kg of weight

?

what does a reserve cost per rim?

and the warranty with them, is the T&C's not that it has to be "built" "maintained" by rushsports or one of its listed dealers?

I don't know what the local guys will rip you but with very little effort and thought

Importing will be around 9000 landed per rim

I know its alot more than the Lyne but if you're going carbon budget definitely wasn't your first thought

• 9 months later...

It's been almost a year since Lyne released their AMP Carbon wheels.  If you bought these and put them through their paces, please share some feedback about:

• how the rims have stood up to impacts?
  • reliability of the Lyne JB02HE hubs?

Seems to be mixed feedback about Lyne's hubs depending who you ask.  Some claim the hubs hold their own against the pricer Hope/DT options, and others say Lyne's hubs aren't great for materials strength, internal tolerances, axle fails etc.