Replacement fork - Trek X caliber

MajG

So I have started rebuilding my sons bike, Trek Xcaliber 5 2014 29er.

I purchased new sram drivetrain that i got for dirt cheap and also got set of shimano hydraulic brakes as its currently mechanical.

I however want to get new fork for this bike, as current coil RST blaze is done with.

I dont want to purchase new fork, so i will be scanning the classifieds for a good deal.

Issue is, not sure what fork to look out for - spec wise that will fit this bike.?

any idea or info as i scanned the web but still doesnt give me definitive answer

Basis web searches its 1/8 Straight steerer

any help will be appreciated

Rockshox do the Recon in straight steerer with QR. might be a good place to start.

Shot , will put that on the shopping list

So essentially I need to lookout for straight steerer with QR

anything else i need to look out for that will fit on this bike?

obviously non boost

Rockshox do the Recon in straight steerer with QR. might be a good place to start.

check out the SR Suntour Raidon, pretty nifty fork, Evobikes had a second unit in stock when I got mine, and you can adjust it internally from 80 right up to 130mm.

QR dropouts and straight steerer tube.

It was never listed on their website but give Janos a call and see if he still has it?

Whether Dragon Sports have more local stock who knows.

Did not break the bank.  2nd hand was not an option for me as my frame called for 175mm length.

Make sure the used fork steerer tube is long enough to fit your frame.  if it comes off a small frame it might be too short for a large or xl.

check out the SR Suntour Raidon, pretty nifty fork, Evobikes had a second unit in stock when I got mine, and you can adjust it internally from 80 right up to 130mm.

It was never listed on their website but give Janos a call and see if he still has it?

Did not break the bank.  2nd hand was not an option for me as my frame called for 175mm length.

Make sure the used fork steerer tube is long enough to fit your frame.  if it comes off a small frame it might be too short for a large or xl.

Man you are awesome, lets hope he still has it.

Its a small frame aswell so lets hope its available.

Just want him to get into the hobby with decent components

Man you are awesome, lets hope he still has it.

Its a small frame aswell so lets hope its available.

Just want him to get into the hobby with decent components

Picab95a72e513203f36c28c50318b173ae.jpg

Did not break the bank. 2nd hand was not an option for me as my frame called for 175mm length.

Make sure the used fork steerer tube is long enough to fit your frame. if it comes off a small frame it might be too short for a large or xl.

What bike you fit this on? This aint the Norco.

Why you upgrade the fork?more travel?

I just emailed evo bikes, will call in the morning

Edited by MajG

What bike you fit this on? This aint the Norco.

Why you upgrade the fork?more travel?

I just emailed evo bikes, will call in the morning

my xc bike, a Fuji Nevada.   Got it on a deal from cycle lab but had a coil spring fork which was no good for my weight.  So changed that out for this air sprung one.  Also it was an upgrade from 30 to 32mm stanchions.

It does come with remote lockout also, which I use all the time.  I saw some people moan about remote lockout but I dig it on this bike on the road I am pretty much rigid for training.

Cycle lab often has few killer deals.

Yeah, im also changing from coil to air fork, just more responsive

And lockout works well especially when i use 24km roundtrip of road to and from the trails

Cycle lab often has few killer deals.

Yeah, im also changing from coil to air fork, just more responsive

And lockout works well especially when i use 24km roundtrip of road to and from the trails

Any luck from Evobikes?

I cannot recall but I think it was around 2500+/- that I paid.

I ordered a RECON but stock was an issue so I got a downgrade (upgrade in hindsight) and a part refund)

I got a 9mm QR straight steerer RS Recon from Cycle Zone Rustenburg...a bit far from you maybe(!) but an option if push comes to shove,  you could see if they can help and sort out shipping with a courier....they were about the only LBS near me (well, 70km away!) that had any interest in sourcing this type of fork....(I'm not overly sold on the black stanchions on my Recon...marks quite easily in my opinion)

Any luck from Evobikes?

I cannot recall but I think it was around 2500+/- that I paid.

I ordered a RECON but stock was an issue so I got a downgrade (upgrade in hindsight) and a part refund)

I tried calling today but Janos wasnt available and who i spoke to wasnt sure.

So i dropped him an email but will try again tomorrow.

The suntour forks arent bad, the raidon is of decent spec.

I got a 9mm QR straight steerer RS Recon from Cycle Zone Rustenburg...a bit far from you maybe(!) but an option if push comes to shove,  you could see if they can help and sort out shipping with a courier....they were about the only LBS near me (well, 70km away!) that had any interest in sourcing this type of fork....(I'm not overly sold on the black stanchions on my Recon...marks quite easily in my opinion)

If they can source i dont mind the shipping.

Thanks for heads up will try them if no luck with evo bikes.

Im sure the rs recon is serving u well besides the black coloured stanchions

If they can source i dont mind the shipping.

Thanks for heads up will try them if no luck with evo bikes.

Im sure the rs recon is serving u well besides the black coloured stanchions

Ja...aside from a couple of marks the fork performs well...no issues mechanically....

So evo didnt have the rs recon.

Are receiving stock in November tho so i will wait it out.

Scan classifieds till then for a deal maybe