MTB clear protection in CPT?

extra300s

Hi guys

What are your thoughts on doing a full 3M Vinyl wrap of a new MTB? Does it last and is it worth it? Lastly any companies or persons in Bellville/Durbanville area that does it?

Thanks

I use 3m PPF. I apply the film wet. Its very pliable and lasts quite well.

Great protection and easy to replace when needed. I purchase the film in a 300mm or 600mm role by the meter.

3m also do a mat film, depending on your bike finish.

They have the paint protection in stock but it's not as good as the stone chip vinyl, which they currently don't have in stock and couldn't give me a date as to when they will have it back in stock.

Go to Maiseys and get the 250 micron. Wrap it yourself

• 6 months later...

Any Suggestions on protecting my new Rondo Ruut CF frame.

I've heard something about Ceramic coatings being done. A company that Alan Hatherly is involved in. Anyone know of this?

Otherwise recommendations....

Armour Ride

You can check their website or instagram pages, i had Willem assist me through the entire process, picked my frame up from house wrapped it and dropped it off.

It helped that my frame was used to get a mould , so paid discount rates

I also recommend Armour Ride, Willem is an awesome guy. They wrapped my new bike in December last year.

I got some clear paint protection film from pg glass. R240 for 1.5mx20cm piece.

Also apply wet with a bit of soapy water to get no bubbles. Quite easy and you can cover most of your bike 

15 hours ago, Meezo said:

Armour Ride

You can check their website or instagram pages, i had Willem assist me through the entire process, picked my frame up from house wrapped it and dropped it off.

It helped that my frame was used to get a mould , so paid discount rates

Agree, got it on my bike no issues so far:  https://armour-ride.com/

Just collected bike from Armour ride, based in Montague gardens in cape Town.

The workmanship is excellent ???? 

Willem and team are extremely accomadating and friendly bunch too.

Told them my budget and they did an excellent job working within that and finished the job in 3 days and basically protected more of my frame than I expected.

The pics don't show much as the Armour is practically invisible lol, but I am extremely chuffed and the finishing and how they managed the edges and curved areas.

The black Armour i requested specifically for the BB area as its harder and has most risk of big rock hits

https://armour-ride.com/collections/clear-frame-protection-kits/products/essential-wrap

20210521_151246_compress55.jpg

20210521_145358_compress28.jpg

20210521_145258_compress46.jpg

20210521_145328_compress48.jpg

Edited by MajG

I can second the above, 

They sourced a frame to create a kit for my wife's Giant Stance E and then shipped it up to Jhb to be fitted with Chain Wizard. 

Excellent kit. 

He is now doing the same for my Santa Cruz, cant complain at all with the workmanship and quality.