Investing in Gold and Silver Bullion (and other Metals)

BigDL

Just do a check on the buy and sell ratios on physical gold and silver plus the cost of storage, I think you'll find ETFs are the way to go.

So I’ve been looking at and have invested in some ETF’s. many thanks.

Have you ever though about investing in bitcoins? No need to think how to keep them safe
You simply have to use digital wallet to store them and bitcoin mixer to protect the privacy of transactions. I always use https://bitmix.biz 
It This service mixes one’s funds with other’s one, with the intention of confusing the trail back to the fund’s original source.

Edited by EdwinKraud

I had wondered about Tanzanite long ago, due to the limited supply. But I'm not sure that has played out really, nor the interest levels.

(Flawless) diamonds are probably a good one. Although I'd have no idea how to resell, and it seems a murky world thanks to my imagination and lack of knowledge.

Word on the streets in Tanzania is Tanzanite trade is growing quite a lot.

I have been urging hubby to get a few gems as he is there and even knows a certified dealer but sadly he keeps on "forgetting"

Edited by Gen

the problem with Gold is that it is practically useless. I know something is worth what people are prepared to pay for it, so that makes gold very valuable right now. BUT eventually gold will be the biggest bubble to burst (this has been predicted for ages, probaqbly not in our lifetime but who knows for sure). Intelligent people still pay 3months salary for something shiny when they get engaged.

I have a few gold coins, mostly kruger rands and then 2 limited number mint coins. One is a mandela coin. I bought it about 14 years ago and it is now worth more than double what I paid for it. BUT when they say it is worth X, doesn't mean you can get X for it. Depends who you sell it to. I bought mine from scoin shop and they call me from time to time to offer other coins as well as ask if I want to sell the ones I have bought from them and they say they need to value it but they pay you less than what it's worth usually because they can't sell it for more than it's value.

WRT storage, when I bought my first coin from them they told me that they offer a free storage option, they store the coins in some vault at the standard bank in sandton city. Not sure if they still offer that or if it is still free. That obviously won't help you as you don't live in RSA.

i know someone who got burned on 'mandela coins'. the true value is the amount of gold in it, if it's just ceremonial then maybe get your double money back now!