Daino

Help Needed!!!

I am relatively new to mtb and ride and enduro 27.5 650b. I am running a shimano xt 2x10 group set with a Thirteen hub. I want to upgrade to better suite my riding. I have a budget of +-10000 rand but I am not sure what drivetrain/grouplet to go for and am looking for recommendations. I really enjoy the DH stuff but do like the distance so looking for something that does both well. 

Help would be greatly appreciated. 

Sram GX (you'll need a new free hub) or Shimano XT

Both 11 spd

If you want 12 you'll need a new freehub regardless cause the only 12apd cassettes that fit standard freehubs are from Sunrace and I've heard they are garbage

If you want to 12 speed I'd leann a little more towards Shimano XT

Edited by BaGearA

I fitted Shimano 1x12 about 2 weeks ago, works like a charm.  The shifting is "perfect" and the gear spacing is much better than on my 1x11 before this.

By shopping around I spend R8.5k (XTR Cassette & Chain, XT Derailleur & Shifter, DT Swiss Microspline freebody).

If you just buy new without shopping around this can cost you up to R14k.  So compare price and dont be scared to go for used if its still in good condition.

With you R10k budget you can make it work for sure.

CWC made a booboo(imo) friday morning with the 1x12 SLX 7100 upgrade kits and luckily I was fast enough to pounce before they moved the price back up lol. R3899, 1h later it was R4399. 7100 SLX Shifter, rear mech and the SLX 10-51 cassette. Thats less than what other shops ask for the 1x12, 6100 deore upgrade.

I got the complete 7100 SLX groupo with brakeset and cranks for ~R9k lol. Brakeset for R2899 and cranks R2399. The cranks never went on special so im sure there was a good few hundred to be had there too.

Edited by morneS555