Bike wrap

Anelda Coetzee

Definitely a market for frame protection using PPF, I got a new MTB in December and refused to ride the bike until the frame was protected. I ended up using a company https://armour-ride.com/ 

In total I spent R3K to fully protect my frame. I did not want a DIY option and wanted to have the work done professionally.

I also bought this but not on my bike yet because I'm hesitant to do it myself and stuff it up.

Did you do it yourself or got someone to do it, anyone you can recommend?

I also bought this but not on my bike yet because I'm hesitant to do it myself and stuff it up.

Did you do it yourself or got someone to do it, anyone you can recommend?

As I'm based in Cape Town, I worked with Willem from armour-ride directly and they did the work to protect the frame. I recommend you call them and ask for a reputable installer for your area. 

Very happy with the quality of their work.

I see a guy at my local LBS in George doing this all the time

If you ride a Spez and have to get the newest epic every year it's a good idea to look after the paint so your bike looks practically new and in mint conditions

And even if you don't ride a spez, it's a good investment as it undoubtedly works

Nobody wants and has a bike wrap, especially not on a mountainbike. I do know people who wants their bikes reprayed. A wrap will scratch too easily.

Rather learn yourself how to build wheels.

I agree, I have never seen a bike wrap on bikes under R60k. Bike respray is more common. This person is going to have to spend a lot of money to get this side job up and running.

I agree, I have never seen a bike wrap on bikes under R60k. Bike respray is more common. This person is going to have to spend a lot of money to get this side job up and running.

Then you just haven't looked. I've seen plenty.

It's not just about the cost of a respray, I actually think a respray is better value for money than wraps. For me, and many others, it's about having the bike look good for the 2 or 3 years I own it. A scratch can happen on day 1 of ownership - you cannot respray it every single time. Wraps are good for that.