Have the roads hit new levels of chaos?

Mountain Bru

Yeah those R750k ones are the worst!

Those are the ones driven by the people on 4x4 Forums... now THOSE are friendly places!

#FlexFriday #Spotted 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week Thursday, around 10:00 am, I'm stopped at a stop street, waiting to turn onto a quite busy road (Pomona road).

I'm close to the left of the road, track standing, red light blinking furiously on seat tube, lots of cars whizzing past, so I can't go, and the next thing whack, I'm on the floor.

Retarded driver (Zimbabwean with no papers and driving a bakkie with no license disc) simply drove into the back of me.

Guy driving the truck behind him gets out, comes around and shows the Zimbo my flashing red light and asks him if he's blind.

Be careful out there.

I swear every single bakkie and car that is driving up to sh*t that I look in to,the driver is texting or doing something on a phone.The far east is the worst

Sigh..... I just want to ride my bike without having to dodge the grim reaper at every turn.

Between the clowns on the road and the clowns hiding in the bushes to take your bike for a permanent spin, it's an absolute circus out there.

What do you guys think of group rides with a club? Is it any safer? I've done races without full road closure, and it was almost more sketchy to be in the bunch with cars trying to overtake the entire group, so I'm not sure if there really is safety in numbers  :mellow:  

10/10 would recommend. Usually any self-respecting club would have a backup vehicle, which gives a lot more peace of mind.