Signal S930 Mtb

DCRide

Hi,

Been looking to buy a new bike in the 10-12k range. Saw the Signal S930 at the bike shop and the chap at the shop also explained the bike and said it is a good buy (of course he is a salesman trying to make a sale :) ) The components and specs don't look bad at all.

Does anyone have any experience with this bike and Signal bikes in general.

Thanks

Personally i would stay far away from anything L-TWOO but thats me.

Maybe look for a Titan or Momsen with Shimano.

As far as I know Signal Bikes (named after Signal hill in CT) is a partnership with ex pro Oli Munnik ,even though I have also never heard of L-TWOO I am sure it was included as it does the job at a cheaper price point.  :w00t:

As far as I know Signal Bikes (named after Signal hill in CT) is a partnership with ex pro Oli Munnik ,even though I have also never heard of L-TWOO I am sure it was included as it does the job at a cheaper price point.  :w00t:

L-TWOO is the same stuff that can be found on Apex and Avalanche bikes. Distributed in SA by Rush Sports, the same guys who distribute Signal and Apex. Their higher-end stuff looks very much like the SRAM stuff.

Not sure how true it is but the company was supposedly founded in 2016 by ex Shimano and SRAM employees.

L-TWOO is the same stuff that can be found on Apex and Avalanche bikes. Distributed in SA by Rush Sports, the same guys who distribute Signal and Apex. Their higher-end stuff looks very much like the SRAM stuff.

Not sure how true it is but the company was supposedly founded in 2016 by ex Shimano and SRAM employees.

Yes ex SRAM employees thus the similarities in the look of the components.

as for quality much R&D still needed.

Or maybe i am wrong and this is just a budget line of component and you get what you pay for.

Difficult to find a decent review of the LTWOO components. There are a few vids online giving lengthy reviews but in a foreign language.

was looking at a bike for my gf last weekend and I saw the Signal bikes for the first time.  Riding on a tiled showroom floor it didn't feel too bad, but no idea how it will hold up on a trail.

ended up buying a 2nd hand Momsen for the same price that was much higher spec and probably 2kg's lighter.

I get that it's hard to buy a bike on a budget these days and buying new is always tempting, but I won't go there, too many unknowns.