New in PE and keen to get riding!

Andy_P

Speak to the guys at Robbie Bike Concepts about arranging some rides.

Was in pe last week. Really great trails

Thanks will do! Saw that there is another shop at the Start of Baakens Valley, will pop in there as well.

Hundreds of solo rides in the valley and I've passed homeless persons/vagrants just four/five occasions and with zero issues, perhaps being a big guy who then speeds up helps. Fat Tracks are raising funds to install cameras at valley spots with multiple escape routes to further increase safety.

I ride several routes from Walmer to Summerstrand several times a week and road lanes and pavements are quite wide, and safe.

It's just a few k's from Summerstrand to enter the lower reaches of Baakens Valley at the bottom of Brickmaker's Kloof, with Bridge Street Brewery right there when you exit the valley again. I'm a bit of a noob and a lot of a geezer and if you can deal with that you're welcome to PM me for a valley intro.

Great news that I can access it from Summerstrand side, I’m gonna go on a bit of an explore this weekend there and see how it goes with the help of Garmin heat maps. Will also pm you, would be great to get a tour from a local!!

No probs bud.... Weekly morning rides on Monday, Wednesday & Thursday start at Miramar fire station... Tuesday & Thursday Figtree Walmer????

You can try Fabes here on The Hub.

Him and his girlfriend Kelly welcome new friends.

Enjoy!

No probs bud.... Weekly morning rides on Monday, Wednesday & Thursday start at Miramar fire station... Tuesday & Thursday Figtree Walmer????

Will give it a shot this week coming ????

Definitely join FastTracks.

I belive they have about 4000 members which is huge.

I've been riding Baakens every time I visit pe from CT and I'm always amazed. We did a about a combo of 40 kms over 2 rides as week and feel there are about 20 km more to do still. Crossways can be 60 to 80 kms and I think you can even ride to Jeffeys Bay from there.

First ride in the books! PE weather has been showing off the last couple of days. Baakens Valley looks very promising!

Edited by Andy_P

Join the club :)

https://fattracks.co.za/

Definitely join FastTracks.

I belive they have about 4000 members which is huge.

I've been riding Baakens every time I visit pe from CT and I'm always amazed. We did a about a combo of 40 kms over 2 rides as week and feel there are about 20 km more to do still. Crossways can be 60 to 80 kms and I think you can even ride to Jeffeys Bay from there.

Will definitely join. Looks like they do fantastic work