Any hubbers can assist or advise on financing a new bike?

blinx

This turned out to be a lekker long read, I take everybody’s advice with regards to finance, I can pay it off monthly however the bike stays as shop but then have to wait 6 months, finance option from what I see using the calculator doesnt cost much more but then again I didnt read the small print. I guess I rather pay the shop off interest free and wait a little.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This turned out to be a lekker long read, I take everybody’s advice with regards to finance, I can pay it off monthly however the bike stays as shop but then have to wait 6 months, finance option from what I see using the calculator doesnt cost much more but then again I didnt read the small print. I guess I rather pay the shop off interest free and wait a little.

Good choice. Only comment. I hope your’e doing the lay bye with a large reputable bike shop with financial muscle, like a cycle lab.

Always good to have cash on hand (or in savings)

Companies do it all the time in having cash on hand and loans... While simplistic savings could be for other items like a rainy day. Having savings and watching them grow is motivating for some.

the concept of financing something at a relatively low interest rate to your savings is not necessarily a bad idea.

In my grandads day financing a car was unheard of , he bought everything cash. Then vehicles started being financed and people though that was crazy. Now its bikes.

Here, you can finance anything , /* from a toaster to a Tesla/* if you so wish. Credit is not always an evil. While it may not make financial sense to some thats viewing it purely from a financial viewpoint and not taking the complexity of human decision making into account.

Fixed it for you....

Edit: Oh well... it’s the /* to the /*

Edited by RoddieJ