Stolen bikes and components

kgscott

We are all aware of the looting that has taken place in the past few days but I have just heard that my local bike shop (LBS) was looted on Monday. The shop has been stripped of every bike and component and the shop is just an empty shell. Please be on the lookout for suspicious looking items offered for sale on the various platforms and report to SAPS. Any other suggestions???

Unfortunately, sometimes when a bargain is to be had people just don't care where it comes from.
Like the motor vehicle industry, everyone bemoans hijackings but when you find that cheap headlight, seat, etc. that you need on FB Marketplace, do you really interrogate where it came from?

2 hours ago, kgscott said:

We are all aware of the looting that has taken place in the past few days but I have just heard that my local bike shop (LBS) was looted on Monday. The shop has been stripped of every bike and component and the shop is just an empty shell. Please be on the lookout for suspicious looking items offered for sale on the various platforms and report to SAPS. Any other suggestions???

Any chance they have the Frame serial numbers ?

Post it and "red flag" these bikes.

2 hours ago, copperhead said:

Well where are you? A little more info would be good. Bikes etc. No one wants to accuse the wrong person. Please supply more information. 

PC shows his location as KZN ... in the heart of the unrests ....

Pretty sure the insurance companies who will own those bikes soon enough will be watching here and other market places closely.

It's a thing

Just now, Jewbacca said:

Pretty sure the insurance companies who will own those bikes soon enough will be watching here and other market places closely.

It's a thing

Wont it be NICE if you try to insure your bike and the insurance sends out the cops to come collect the bike they already covered in their claim from the LBS ....

now if only the systems truly linked and worked to close the loop ....