DT Swiss spokes

Wannabe

One of our local LBS has closed down, but there is still some odds and ends in storage somewhere, under which is a couple of packets of various length DT SWISS spokes. Wanna buy some and slowly replace the spokes on my Rolf Vector wheels. Anybody knows what the going rate is for these spokes. Will obviously be paying less for them (I hope), but want to ensure I do NOT PAY TOO MUCH!!!!WinkEmbarrassed

Wannabe2006-10-30 06:09:55

At Chainreaction you can get packs of 36 spokes for the following excluding VAT and shipping:

- Champion R120 (R180 for black)

- Competition R180 (R240 for black)

- Revolution R240 (R300 for black)

If you are paying more than that then you may as well import them.

Yeah, basic SA prices are:

Comp's R6.50 each (including nipples)

Revolution's R10 each (including Alumium nipples)

Don't suppose it's possible for you to post the sizes and quantities that will be available?

TitusTi, will have to go back to them and confirm what is available. Also saw some Mavic spokes and Shimano Aero spokes. Will try and make a list and then post it.

Cois, no such luck. Had a look myself for my "normal" Rolf Vector's of which the hub is a bit suspectCry

Had to sort my hub out in my way when the bearings sort of seized and pitted the hub quite badly. Cleaned it out, packed it with a rubbing compound, rode it for a while to smoothen the pitted edges, took the stuffed bearings out and repacked with slightly bigger bearings. Took care in adjusting cups, and Voila, almost 100% again. Got only one section which is still slightly rough.

Hope to have many more kilo's of use out of my wheels!!

Wannabe, THAT is what they call BUSH ENGINEERING...... like the Russian Truck carrying charcoal to Beira who lost a sump plug and spilled dirty oil.... almost grease, on our new road. Th e woner ... not the driver, is furios because the engine runs so smooth now and does not bellow like before..... daai enjin is nou mooi ingeloop!!!!!!!