Wattbike

tillanien@gmail.com

Good day guys!!

i started mountain biking two years ago. I have done some research on the wattbike, but I will feel much better If I can go to a studio or someone that can show me exactly how it works, and to get my zones.

i have joined planet fitness but none of the personal trainers are able to assist with that.

Situated in Centurion.

thanks guys! 

Edited by tillanien@gmail.com

Firstly download the Wattbike app, then make sure you get a Bluetooth one, then so their workouts, get ready to suffer - wattbike atom would be better, it adjusts your power automatically. It is advisable to get you FTP as well start somewhere like 180w, if the workouts are too easy then adjust.

You may want to say where you are located if you want a studio near to you.

Otherwise read on the wattbike website about the tests you can do and how to do them to get your FTP and from there your training zones.

Thanks a mill!  I did the ftp test, struggling to get to the RPM, but the watts I can maintain. 
i will do a ftp test again when we get back from holiday. Do I need to worry about the resistance?

19 minutes ago, tillanien@gmail.com said:

Thanks a mill!  I did the ftp test, struggling to get to the RPM, but the watts I can maintain. 
i will do a ftp test again when we get back from holiday. Do I need to worry about the resistance?

Not if you just want to mess around. The resistance (air and magnetic) settings are good for ramping up those watts on low or high cadence.
I use them religiously.

6 minutes ago, Rudolf Lamprecht said:

Not if you just want to mess around. The resistance (air and magnetic) settings are good for ramping up those watts on low or high cadence.
I use them religiously.

Okay excellent!!!🥳🥳🥳

this really helps a lot!!👍🏻👌🏻👍🏻👌🏻

now it makes more sense.☺️

Asking out of interest are  watt bikes cheaper than smart trainers?? Genuinely interested 

My thinking(zero watt bike knowledge) is watt bikes were used in “spin bike type classes”

1 minute ago, DIPSLICK said:

Asking out of interest are  watt bikes cheaper than smart trainers?? Genuinely interested 

My thinking(zero watt bike knowledge) is watt bikes were used in “spin bike type classes”

the fancy ones are the OG smartbikes

18 minutes ago, W@nted said:

The resistance levers are used/adjusted to maintain the correct watts/cadence combination. Crucial if following a specific workout/program.

👍🏻👌🏻👍🏻👌🏻 Great stuff!! Thanks!🥳🥳