Resetting Garmin

FirstV8

I use my Garmin daily to record my rides . I have never reset it over the last 3 years so it has a lot of data on it . I am going to reset it on the 1st Jan 22. My concern is that i will lose my Garmin Connect Data on my phone as well or am i safe in thinking that it is on a different piece of equipment and wont be affected . I preferred the days of chalk and a slate board , that if you rubbed it off you knew it was gone . I think by saying that im showing my age . 😛:oops: 

You need to connect it to your pc and delete a few of the log files and update the firmware.

Whilst you're at it, you can edit the startup file and include your name and number there, so that if you lose it, your contact details will be there for the finder

10 hours ago, FirstV8 said:

I use my Garmin daily to record my rides . I have never reset it over the last 3 years so it has a lot of data on it . I am going to reset it on the 1st Jan 22. My concern is that i will lose my Garmin Connect Data on my phone as well or am i safe in thinking that it is on a different piece of equipment and wont be affected . I preferred the days of chalk and a slate board , that if you rubbed it off you knew it was gone . I think by saying that im showing my age . 😛:oops: 

Resetting the device does not delete anything of Garmin Connect

Just for those who want to reset their Garmin ( Stored rides / Trip counter .)I did this after my morning ride and all info on my phone and Garmin Connect stayed intact . HenryS you were spot on . :thumbup:IMG_4255.PNG.cf88840a7ae95bfae30e9a37f67ec50a.PNG.My mileage for the year , 

I've never reset any of my devices, I just assumed the unit would deleted the older files in order to make room for the new ones?

On 1/7/2022 at 12:39 PM, Jigghead said:

I've never reset any of my devices, I just assumed the unit would deleted the older files in order to make room for the new ones?

It gets bogged down and takes longer to boot etc when it fills up