UCI 2022 XCO/XCC/DH SCHEDULE: NO SA ON CALENDAR

OVERDRIVE

I'm not surprised the Stellies XCO was a once-off, as awesome as it was. Unless there is money to be made, its not going to happen. CSA/ Provisional/ National $upport: forget it. It was a side show to the Epic, and probably ran at a loss. Unless I got it wrong.

Pity: from what I could gather athletes liked to come: not too big a travel from Europe, same time zone, and lets face it, Cape Town is a great place to visit.

My biggest complaint about the XCO season is that its too short.

34 minutes ago, kosmonooit said:

I'm not surprised the Stellies XCO was a once-off, as awesome as it was. Unless there is money to be made, its not going to happen. CSA/ Provisional/ National $upport: forget it. It was a side show to the Epic, and probably ran at a loss. Unless I got it wrong.

Pity: from what I could gather athletes liked to come: not too big a travel from Europe, same time zone, and lets face it, Cape Town is a great place to visit.

The Stelles XCO ran at a loss because there was not entry charged to get the numbers high.

the 2022 season is 9 races long.....its going to be a good one

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

I think you have your Mikes mixed up or is it your Chrises....?

Nooit bru!

Dr Mike Posthumus recently announced he is sad to say farewell to Omnico and all the support has has had from them for the last x number of years. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYdeHYbK8r2/

Instagram bro.... Lots of my IG friends obviously follow him as his posts pop up on my feed suggestion all the time!

2 hours ago, kosmonooit said:

You'd think that another perk (provided SA was the first round of the season) would be that the riders could come early to escape the northern hemisphere winter to get some nice training in. Wonder if things like that are even considered by teams & organisers?

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

Nooit bru!

Dr Mike Posthumus recently announced he is sad to say farewell to Omnico and all the support has has had from them for the last x number of years. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYdeHYbK8r2/

Instagram bro.... Lots of my IG friends obviously follow him as his posts pop up on my feed suggestion all the time!

Aaaahh got it

3 hours ago, wolver said:

You'd think that another perk (provided SA was the first round of the season) would be that the riders could come early to escape the northern hemisphere winter to get some nice training in. Wonder if things like that are even considered by teams & organisers?

Definitely - escape the clutches of winter for the tale end of a Mediterranean summer, but the decision was not up to the athletes, and really we can't expect common sense to prevail.

1 hour ago, kosmonooit said:

Definitely - escape the clutches of winter for the tale end of a Mediterranean summer, but the decision was not up to the athletes, and really we can't expect common sense to prevail.

its not s simple as the UCI does consider the budgets of the teams and independent riders participating in the series. Too many away race requires bigger budgets and that will lace some teams at risk of folding. If only MTB teams had the sort of budgets the Road teams operate on.

Any word on Matt Beers future? I haven't seen any announcements