Sports Buddy

madmarc

This came up on my FB Feed - any one purchased one ? - Opinions ?

https://sportsbuddy.tech/

In todays circumstances i'm really keen to pull the trigger on this one - 1600 odd ronds for the device and 124 ronds/month - seems a small price to pay for your safety when and if riding alone. I'm thinking it could be used anywhere as a panic button even at home or while driving.

Wonder if it would work if you say riding MTB at a bike park miles from the parking area in the bush and you needed them - wonder if they would find you 

interesting.

wonder battery life of device

If you are in the stick does it still work.

Wonder if it is on the same platform/system/principle as the blue dot tracker for munga etc?

57 minutes ago, Spy007 said:

interesting.

wonder battery life of device

If you are in the stick does it still work.

Wonder if it is on the same platform/system/principle as the blue dot tracker for munga etc?

FAQ on the web says battery life is 48 hours. Uses satellite and cellphone for tracking, so should in theory be able work in remote areas. 

Interesting business idea that fits SA market like a glove in my opinion.

I use Namola https://www.namola.com/   which is an app on your cell phone . Its very effective and user friendly . Free as well . I had an accident and pressed the panic button . Got a call with in 5 seconds and then the cavalry arrived . 2 x ambulances , 2x tow trucks and 1x security response . I was in hospital an hour later .