How Will YOU Celebrate Finishing The Cape Epic???

Jayson Clarke

G’day from Down Under!

I thought I’d change up the topics from the usual selling of Cape Epic slots to something I’m looking forward to: celebrating finishing The Race That Measures All! Assumptive that I’ll survive the 8 days, I know, but we’re not lining up to NOT finish, are we?
So, what has anyone got planned as a celebration for crossing the line at Val De Vie? Me, I want to cage dive with the Great Whites off the coast of the Cape. I haven’t yet looked into where or how to do this, but if it’s possible I want to reward myself with that (scary) treat!

What do you all have planned?!?

3CE00DEF-4673-4769-A47F-8B6042AC0983.png

2 minutes ago, copperhead said:

No need for that silly cage. If you are from Australia you won't be allowed out. I celebrated with some coke and biscuits. All 3 times. 

whats a gram of coke going for these days 😁

15 hours ago, copperhead said:

No need for that silly cage. If you are from Australia you won't be allowed out. I celebrated with some coke and biscuits. All 3 times. 

Thankfully I *should be allowed to come over to race! I don’t think I’d appeal to the men in the grey suits as a snack, but I’ll stay in the cage! 
I know I’ll also have a celebratory brew with my team mate when I get across the line!

4 hours ago, Jayson Clarke said:

Thankfully I *should be allowed to come over to race! I don’t think I’d appeal to the men in the grey suits as a snack, but I’ll stay in the cage! 
I know I’ll also have a celebratory brew with my team mate when I get across the line!

Any of the cage diving operators Gansbaai will sort you out. 

https://www.sharkcagediving.net/

Jayson you might be in luck if you want to go cage diving, there have been very few White pointers lurking around Cape Town for the last few years, but there have been some recent sighting which is promising.

No one really knows why they have been avoiding CT but there have been suspicions around Port and Starboard the two Orca's that enjoyed snacking on big White's. The other possible reasoning was lower than normal amounts of their natural prey.

On 1/31/2022 at 12:22 PM, copperhead said:

Depends the quality... you know these days you get all sorts. Sugar free, less sugar 😉😁

yea they cut that stuff with all kinds of things dont they haha. Anyway, 'coke' is considered a performance enhancing drug isnt it. I know it is something racing drivers get tested for and one or two have actually been caught and banned for using it(as high up as f1 for that matter) lol. 

• 1 month later...