Gravel Monster and Race of Truth Postponed

MongooseMan

15 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

Race of Truth (aka, the other DC) also postponed to October

image.png.300c30835ef19ba2eefdca339f3d259a.png

I reckon this is better for the event... They can now serve as a proper wake up call or bonding event for DC teams 8 weeks before. Would be cool to do the route from Paarl over du toits and Franschoek though... 

5 hours ago, Sid the Sloth said:

I reckon this is better for the event... They can now serve as a proper wake up call or bonding event for DC teams 8 weeks before. Would be cool to do the route from Paarl over du toits and Franschoek though... 

April might be a good slot for it eventually, but folks need time to wrap their heads around the logistics of a big TTT event. Uptake will certainly will beter with this time slot and if it's a good inaugural event then the April slot will be well supported in the future I suspect. 

I was there in January. If the roadworks are really "almost complete" then we need to get Baseline contractors to all corners of the country. There was a megaton of work to do then still.

On 3/18/2022 at 10:29 PM, Shebeen said:

I was there in January. If the roadworks are really "almost complete" then we need to get Baseline contractors to all corners of the country. There was a megaton of work to do then still.

So I should perhaps not get too excited for October... Got it.

I'll also be surprised if the pass is finished in October. Particularly cos winter is coming.

• 5 months later...

So is anyone else entered for Gravel Monster next weekend? 

Forecast is changing everyday, but I suppose at least there's more tar than ATP so might not need a new BB after this one 🙈

46 minutes ago, mtbrider said:

Its open and beautiful 🤩

Will be there hopefully in March 23....I am riding it ! My favourite riding place ..

17 hours ago, MongooseMan said:

So is anyone else entered for Gravel Monster next weekend? 

Forecast is changing everyday, but I suppose at least there's more tar than ATP so might not need a new BB after this one 🙈

It will be my first time and doing the 100km. Any information and tips will be welcomed

On 9/11/2022 at 4:59 AM, Fubar said:

It will be my first time and doing the 100km. Any information and tips will be welcomed

Same for me.