Which e-MTB for lady?

Nic H

7 hours ago, FondTF2 said:

My 2 cents worth.

Personally I think an e-bike is a waste on any able bodied rider.

- For a decent speced bike, you are looking at close to 100K 

- They are bloody heavy

- Cost a fortune to maintain

- Are only beneficial if you are riding undulated trails with climbs that will warrant an e-bike

- Unless you have a good technical ability, they are not all that conducive to technical trails

That said, everyone and anyone is fully entitled to their own choice.

Prices have shot up drastically in the last 24 months !!!  Sadly a "well specced" ebike is now in the 150k and up bracket ... talking full suspension bikes.  Much better deals on hard tails.

Weight is only an issue when lifting the bike onto a bike rack.  I really dont feel the weight while cycling.  If anything, the low centre of gravity is said to improve trail handling.

Cost of maintenance .... Close on 4 000km on a chain, now at the 0,25% mark.  Replaced the chain now, and the cassette seems 100%.  Also a set of brake pads, also at 4 000km.  The only expensive bit is the annual service to keep the warrantee ....  Off course at some point the battery replacement will skew this balance sheet ....

The limitation on technical terrain is still me ... not the bike .... :ph34r:

All that said, if I still had good knees I would still be on a regular bike.

If you are in Cape Town, it is worth contacting Black Sheep Bikes, they are importing Rocky Mountain e-bikes. From what I have heard they are good value.