FAO Bike Fitters - Lower leg pain

The Ouzo

4 hours ago, ouzo said:

Thanks for the input folks. It might not be anything to do with the saddle afterall.

Concentrated on what I was doing this morning and realised I was riding with my knees further apart than normal, so made an effort to ride with them closer together. It felt much better.

I'm thinking its probably muscle fatigue and or tightness in the upper legs causing this. So will make an effort now to do some more stretching and massaging.

👍 I tried a few things this morning....If I simulate saddle too low and resultant "toes high" just before and during the power stroke, it puts pressure on the shin bone area as referred to by Buckstopper in an earlier post...this happens when the toes can't bend up any more and the pressure passeds into that area. Toes down and the pressures gone.

21 hours ago, ouzo said:

After the bike fit(s) I was the most comfortable i've been on the bike in decades of cycling.

Shortly after the saddle change I did my longest ride ever, a 100 miler. After that I've been feeling like I'm missing a few watts (I only had a few to start with). Thought  it was just fatigue, but then concentrated on what was happening with my body when I wanted to use the watts and realised I've been protecting the legs from the pain described in my first post.

could be overuse "injury' maybe your foot alignment(horizontal) and or q factor is out or at least on the edge

Did some more measuring on Saturday. Landed up dropping the seat height 2mm and moving the saddle forward. Kept angle 100% the same.

At the halfway point of my ride yesterday I decided to bring the nose of the saddle up a touch. Only went up 1deg to test.

70km Zone 1 ride and I felt very comfy again. Less stretched out, no lower leg pains. 

Now that I'm sitting further back on the saddle I can probably bring the nose up a few more deg. 

After yesterdays adjustment its currently nose down 4.5 deg.