What features make you smile

I enjoy the steep bits that are rideable, i.e. someone with semi-decent skill level and average fitness level; especially when there’s a flowing descent after. Makes the climbing worth it. 

Just a pity some people feel the need to walk these sections; and then get grumpy when those wanting to ride it, are being held up. I guess that’s a lack of skill more than trail conditions.

Personally, ny favourite features are techy stuff that really shows if you can ride a bike and flowy trails that require no pedalling, only pumping to get tons of speed and have fun

I was thinking, at my age I need to calm down a bit, (not that I am very technical competent) I sold my Scott Genius bought a Trek Top Fuel and started riding "gravel" type of rides and did not enjoy it that much, the past week-end I went back to modderfontein, which they have changed up a bit since the heavy rains and the technical bits brought the smile back the smile on my face, I will be returning to give it horns, not that Modders is very technical but I think it has bits of everything that makes it enjoyable.

I enjoy a nice berm and table top as much as the next guy, but the natural stuff is always lekker...sense of accomplishment instead of relief of survival...too old to be scared of doing something these days 😉